If you are looking for simple and effective natural treatments for tinnitus (ringing in the ear), continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first.
Tinnitus, more popularly known as ear ringing is an unpleasant hearing perception inside the ear that may be the cause of various lesions of the ear. However, there are other things that can cause tinnitus or ecophene, such as blood circulation in the head or viral inflammation. But before we jump to the natural treatments for tinnitus, here is something that you should know about tinnitus.
Epstein-Barr Virus and Tinnitus
Recent finds point to Epstein-Barr virus getting into the inner ear’s nerve channel and causing ear ringing. Hence, tinnitus can be caused by the EBV virus inflaming and vibrating the labyrinth and the vestibulocochlear nerve. In this case, an anti-inflammatory diet and a body detox should be the first thing to do. In addition, go for natural antibiotics to kill off viruses that cause tinnitus. We have a complete article on the best natural antibiotics that can help you.
There are around 2.5 million people out there suffering from different cases of tinnitus hence we present to you some of the best natural remedies for tinnitus or ringing in the ear.
8 Natural Treatments for Tinnitus
1. Wormwood Remedy for Ringing in the Ear
Wormwood is one of the most powerful natural treatments for tinnitus, and here is how you can use it. For the first 6 days take 10 drops of wormwood tincture dissolved in 50 ml of water, three times per day, 30 minutes before the main meals. After the 6 days have passed, replace the wormwood tincture with common hawthorn tincture and continue the treatment for another 14 days.
Also, very important:
- First thing in the morning, drink 100 ml of water in which you add 1 tbsp. apple vinegar and 1 tsp. of honey to sweeten it.
- In the evening, before bedtime, drink a simple tea made with 2 gr valerian, 5 gr common St. John’s wort, 2 gr red clover, 25 gr lavender, and 50 gr of cowslip per 250 ml of hot water.
You Can Find The Ingredients Here
2. Home Remedy for Tinnitus with Natural Oils
There are two wonder-oils that are simply magical when it comes to ringing in the ear, tinnitus, or ecophene: St. John’s wort and chamomile oils. Use St. John’s wort and chamomile natural herbal oils according to their prospects.
In addition, warm up some salt, put it in a cotton scarf, and apply the poultice over the ear that rings. Do this in the evening. The symptoms will soon go away, but be perseverant and have faith. This is one of the best natural treatments for tinnitus. You can find the essential oils and necessaries below.
3. Onion Juice Remedy for Tinnitus
One of the most amazing natural treatments for tinnitus ringing in the ear is with onion. This remedy fights the noise and crackling in the ears but it also improves hearing and eliminates wax plugs.
- Take one medium-sized onion and make a small hole in it.
- Fill up the hole with caraway seeds and cover it up with a bread crumb.
- Bake the onion in the oven and while hot squeeze it through two layers of gauze.
- Pour 1-2 drops of the onion juice in the ear and plug the ear with a piece of cotton.
Do this procedure twice a day, for at least a week until the ear has recovered completely and the tinnitus is gone.
Read Also: Onion, a Natural Treatment for Ear Pain
4. Natural Treatments for Tinnitus with Herbs
Make a simple herbal mix with:
- 20 gr of horsetail
- 30 gr sage
- 20 gr plantago
- 20 gr marigolds
Infuse 1 tsp. of this mix in 250 ml of boiling water. Drink 2 cups of this tea daily and add Swedish Bitter to it. This is one of the most effective natural treatments for tinnitus. You can find the herbs below.
5. Nettle Steam Remedy
Make a simple ear steam bath with nettle in the evening. This steam bath should last for 10 minutes. Plug your affected ear with a Swedish Bitter soaked cotton wool.
Read Also: Home Remedy for Itchy Ears
6. Simple Infusion for Ringing Ears
Mix together 5 tbsp of pine needles, 2 tbsp of rosehips, and 2 tbsp of onion peels. Boil them for 3 minutes in 1 L of water. Leave to soak for the next 3 hours in the hot water. Drink ½ cup three times per day. This tea is one of the most effective and simple natural treatments for tinnitus. You can find pine needles and rosehip below.
Other Natural Treatments for Tinnitus
- Take 2 common hawthorn tincture twice tsp. per day.
- Make a simple mint infusion with 50 gr of flowering tips of mint per liter of water. Drink 3 cups a day.
- Make a simple sweet mock-orange infusion with 30 gr of leaves per liter of water and drink 3 cups per day.
- Mix together 1 grated onion and clay and make a cataplasm. Apply it over the ear and on the neck twice a day.
- Mix together equal quantities of ground salt and stove roasted millet, fill a small bag with them and keep them over the ear.
Read Also: Home Remedy for Ear Fungus
In addition to all the natural treatments for tinnitus (ringing in the ear), we have offered you, having lots of fresh juice, and raw veggies are recommended. Green barley juice in 3 x 50 ml per day dosage, is also helpful. Stay healthy, naturally!