Looking for a natural herpes treatment? Continue reading.
Herpes is characterized by a group of small blisters on the lips, most often to the outer edge, causing inflammation of the skin and unsightly reddish appearance.
The herpetic blister is filled with liquid, often times bursting and crusting. Herpes blistering usually heals within a week.
The virus that causes this problem is called herpes simplex (HSV-1) and it causes oral herpes, usually on the lip. The other one is HSV-2 and it is the herpes of the genitals, which affects the genital organs.
Today we’re going to reveal to you some amazing natural treatments for herpes that have actually proven efficient for patients suffering from oral or genital herpes.
In This Article You Will Find:
Symptoms of Herpes Simplex (Oral Herpes)
However, besides the blisters, there are other symptoms related to oral herpes, and they are:
- Mouth inflammation
- Discomfort when eating or drinking
- Sore throat
- Excessive drooling
What Causes Herpes Relapse?
Once contracted, herpes simplex virus remains in the body and can lead to recurrence of the herpes blisters and injuries throughout life. Most patients have 3 to 4 recurrences per year, although a small number of patients have recurring herpes at least once a month. Amongst the factors that may trigger the relapse of herpes, the most important are:
- Excessive stress
- Weakened immune system, either due to illness or medication used in autoimmune disease
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy
- Hormonal changes in women related to the menstrual cycle
- Extreme fatigue to the point of exhaustion
- Prolonged and unprotected sun exposure
- Food allergies
- Cold or flu
- Chemical solutions used in dental treatments
While in most cases, the lesions caused by herpes heal by themselves, if you suffer from herpes, there are a few natural treatments that you can try at home.
9 Natural Treatments for Herpes
1. Beer Yeast Herpes Treatment
Eat 50 grams of fresh beer yeast every day along with drinking a lot of herbal teas. Drink teas especially in the evening, and never go to bed having a dry mouth and feeling thirsty.
2. Burdock Decoction for Herpes
Add 4 tbsp. of burdock tea to 300 ml of hot water to make a decoction. Use it to pad the herpes lesions or apply it as a compress on the affected area.
3. Herpes Treatment with Propolis
Use propolis tincture to pad the herpes areas. You can also make your own propolis balm with 20 gr of natural propolis and 100 of petroleum jelly. Simply apply the balm twice a day on the herpes.
4. Rubbing Alcohol Herpes Remedy
Soak a cotton pad in rubbing alcohol and pad it on the affected areas as often as possible. If you start applying the rubbing alcohol from the very first signs of herpes, the lesion will stagnate and disappear in maximum 12 hours. The rubbing alcohol dries the herpes out.
5. Poplar Tincture Treatment for Herpes
Use a cotton ear bud to rub the herpes with concentrated poplar tree tincture 3-4 times a day. In 2 days at most, the herpes is gone. Black poplar tincture is even more effective. Use it at a 30 minutes interval, 3-4 times a day.
6. Pork Fat and Flour Herpes Remedy
Make a simple balm for herpes with minced pork lard or grease and the same amount wheat flour. Slightly fry the mixture in a pan as if you were cooking it, then add milk and boil it, until it has the consistency of a thick paste. Apply a thin layer of this balm on the herpes. Herpes usually goes away after just a few applications.
7. Herpes Remedy with Cold Compress
You can apply wet and cold compresses several times a day. Leave the compress on for about 20 minutes at a time. You will soon see that the herpes wound is no longer swollen and irritated.
8. Baking Soda Cure for Herpes
Mix a little bit of baking soda with water and make a paste. Apply the paste on the herpes and leave it on for a few minutes. Use it a few times a day until the herpes in gone.
9. Aloe Vera, a Natural Treatment for Herpes
Aloe Vera is well-known for its skin repair properties, but did you know that is very effective with herpes? Well, if you already have an Aloe Vera Barbadensis plant in your house, there’s your home remedy for herpes. If not, you can most likely find it at the local flower shop.
- What you need to do is to cut a piece of Aloe leaf and apply the sap on the herpes.
- Repeat several times a day, and you’ll soon see the herpes starting to shrink in size.
- Use the aloe sap 4-5 times a day.
In a few days, you will see the oral herpes gone without any scar left.
Other Natural Tips for Treating Herpes
First off, personal hygiene is crucial for patients suffering from herpes. Herpes is a highly contagious condition, which is easily passed when sharing personal hygiene objects. This is why, if you suffer from herpes, you need to have a personal towel for washing, and avoid using the same cups with other people.
- Avoid sharing of towels, bottles, razors, cosmetics and other materials that come into contact with the skin and other persons whose state of health and hygiene do not know;
- Avoid foods that are too acidic, such as citrus fruits or tomatoes
- Use sunscreen, especially during summer when temperatures are extreme and
- Wash your hands frequently
- Herpes is transmitted by kissing, so watch out for the people you get in contact with