If you are looking for simple and effective natural treatments for polycystic ovary syndrome, continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a common hormonal disorder that affects 1 in 10 fertile women (who menstruate) around the world. The exact cause of PCOS is unknown by the medical community, but we can guess that diet is one huge potential cause, given the contributing factors are:
- high blood sugar levels
- chronic body inflammation
- increased body toxicity
- excess estrogen
- medical drugs
An imbalanced diet in which processed sugar and hormone-loaded meat are one of the main culprits of PCOS. The good news is that below we have a handful of natural treatments for polycystic ovary syndrome. Let’s get straight to these wonderful natural treatments.
4 Natural Treatments for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
1. Herbs and Clay Remedies for PCOS
One simple remedy for polycystic ovary syndrome that has been used with great success by many women with ovary cysts is horsetail tea. Have 1 cup of horsetail tea half-hour before breakfast and a another cup half-hour before dinner. Alongside, throughout the day drink 2 liters of tea with the following herbal blend:
- 300 g calendula flowers
- 100 g yarrow flowers
- 100 g nettle leaves
To make the tea steep 8 heaping teaspoons of the herbal blend into 2 liters of hot water. To boost the efficiency of this remedy, in the evening insert a homemade clay ovule into the vagina and keep it overnight, until the next morning.
Most importantly, for the following 4 months eat predominantly raw vegetables, fruits and simple salads, and whole grains. Ideally, give up on drinking alcohol, coffee, soda, and energizing drinks, except for plain water and these herbal teas. Avoid chocolate, conventional meat, and meat in general, processed foods, and estrogen-boosting foods (soy, meat, dairy, eggs). Continue this natural treatment for polycystic ovary syndrome, until the PCOS symptoms are completely gone.
2. Herbal Remedies for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
The four herbs below make some of the best natural treatments for polycystic ovary syndrome, when used as teas or macerations, some internally some externally, and others both ways.
- Hawthorn tea can be of great help in PCOS. Steep 1 tablespoon of hawthorn flowers into a cup of hot water for 10-15 minutes. Have one cup of this tea daily, for 14 days.
- Mistletoe tea is another great remedy for this condition. Put 2 tablespoons of mistletoe herb in 500 ml of cold water and leave to macerate overnight. Strain and drink the cold maceration throughout the day. Continue for 18 days.
- Yarrow infusion works wonders for PCOS, when used for vaginal washes. Steep 2 tablespoons of yarrow flowers into 500 ml of water for 10 minutes, strain and leave to cool down. Use the vaginal irrigator to insert the yarrow infusion into the vagina. Then anoint the area with a natural calendula salve.
- Horsetail tea is by far one of the best remedies for PCOS. Steep 3 tablespoons of horsetail into 500 ml of hot water. Use this tea to make poultices that you apply over your ovaries.
These herbs are amongst the most effective natural treatments for polycystic ovary syndrome, as well as other women’s problems.
3. PCOS Remedy with Elderberries Tincture
Elderberries have tremendous detoxifying properties and work amazingly for conditions such as ovary cysts. To prepare this remedy dilute ½ to 1 teaspoon of elderberry tincture into ½ cup of water. Drink it first thing in the morning and repeat at night before bedtime. When associated with raspberry bud extract, this remedy is even more powerful. Have 50 drops of raspberry buds extract 3 times a day alongside the elderberry treatment. In addition, follow a diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables, and avoid animal protein. This is another one of the best natural treatments for polycystic ovary syndrome.
4. Wheat Bran Remedy for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Wheat bran is one of the most effective natural treatments for polycystic ovary syndrome, and here is how to use it at home. Bring 4-5 liters of water to a boil and when the water starts boiling put ½ kg of wheat bran into a sitz bath basin and then pour the hot water over. Leave the basin covered for the next 30 minutes. Then add 3-4 liters of warm water over to lower the water temperature and make it bearable for the sitz bath.
Bathe until the wheat bran water has cooled down. After you’ve finished the sits bath, wipe with a warm clean towel, get into your pajamas, and then straight to bed. The ideal time to take these baths is in the evening before going to bed.
Read Also: Natural Treatment for Ovarian Tumors
These natural treatments for polycystic ovary syndrome have worked for many women in parts of Central and Eastern Europe and we sure hope they will help you too. Let us know in the comments below what has helped you heal from polycystic ovary syndrome, and if you’ve found this information useful, please share the article so more people can use it. Be healthy, naturally!