If you are looking for simple and effective natural treatments for osteoarthritis, continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first.
Osteoarthritis, also called degenerative joint disease, is the most common form of arthritis and is the leading cause of pain and disability among elderly people. It is a condition in which the protective cartilage of the joint surfaces deteriorates over time. For the time being, doctors do not know the exact cause of osteoarthritis, but it has been related to excess body weight that affects the joints over time. Hence, we can say it is a modern lifestyle disease.
Doctors recommend synthetic drugs for osteoarthritis, that do now actually cure it but make it more bearable. Many suffering from osteoarthritis claim that these drugs have only a short time effect and oftentimes they also affect the stomach and other bodily functions, due to their numerous side effects.
We believe that nature has better solutions for you, hence we have here two amazing natural treatments for osteoarthritis that you can look into.
2 Natural Treatments for Osteoarthritis
1. Radish Wine Homemade Remedy for Osteoarthritis
This is one of the most effective natural treatments for osteoarthritis and is based on a special wine macerate that you can make yourself at home. Here is the recipe.
- Finely grate one black radish, unpeeled.
- Place the obtained radish puree into 1 liter of high quality natural white dry wine.
- Leave to soak and macerate for 2 full weeks.
- Shake the bottle daily.
After the 2 weeks have passed, strain the content and store it in a cold place, in the pantry on in the fridge.
Have one glass of this macerate every morning on an empty stomach and undergo these wine macerate cures for 3 weeks period of time, 3-4 times per year. You’ll definitely feel the difference and the long term effects of the radish and wine macerate.
2. Nettle Natural Treatments for Osteoarthritis
Nettle (Urtica dioica) is a powerful liver cleanser and detox, which is why this is one of the most effective natural treatments for osteoarthritis. Centuries ago, people in the Eastern Europe areas used to treat rheumatism and osteoarthritis using the stings of nettles. If you wish to follow an even simpler remedy for osteoarthritis, the nettle remedy goes like this.
- Gather a few fresh nettle plants and apply them on the sores areas of the body: the joints, the back, and wherever you feel pain.
- Smash some white cabbage leaves using a rolling pin and make poultices around the joints, and keep them on for 2-3 hours.
An even less painful treatment for osteoarthritis uses nettle root. Here is the recipe.
- Add 4 tablespoons of nettle root in 1 liter of water and bring to boil.
- Boil for 10 minutes and let them cool down for another 15 minutes.
- Use this decoction to make really simple poultices and wrap them around the painful joints.
This remedy is very efficient in case you suffer from a really severe form of osteoarthritis, that aggravates when you sit in a cold or moist environment or when the weather changes.
You Can Find Nettle Root Here
Read Also: 5 Natural Treatments for Rheumatic Pain
In addition to these natural treatments for osteoarthritis above, maintaining normal body weight and regular exercise is paramount to overcome this condition in the long term. For this, follow a predominantly plant-based diet, with wild-caught fish and little to no inflammatory foods, that you can check here.
We really hope that you’ve found today a couple of really useful natural treatments for osteoarthritis here on our blog. Let us know if they’ve worked for you too. Stay healthy, naturally!