Oral thrush, also known as oral candidiasis is an oral infection that oftentimes is the side effect of prolonged antibiotic treatment. Oral thrushes often times cause pain when eating under the form of burning, as well as excessive salivation.
However, no matter how severe, we have a natural treatment for oral thrush that you could try yourself at home. If you suffer from another form of candida infection, namely oral candidiasis, also known as thrush or Oropharyngeal candidiasis, don’t worry, we have a few remedies that might just do the trick for you.
We really hope that this natural treatment for oral thrush is the answer to your oral condition and next time, take better care of your oral hygiene and make sure you don’t overuse drugs. Take good care of yourself!
6 Natural Treatments for Oral Thrush
1. Essential Oils Remedy for Oral Thrush
- In case of oral thrush, you need to rinse your mouth with concentrated basil, thyme, or St. John’s wort tea after each meal.
- Anoint the area 5-6 times per day with St. John’s wort or marigold oils because they are scarring and free you of pain.
- In the evening before going to bed anoint the affected area in your mouth with one of the oils recommended above and then rinse well and gargle with water and sodium bicarbonate (1:1 ratio).
Make sure that while you’re doing this treatment for thrush you don’t share cutlery with anybody else. Avoid milk and dairy products, spices, pickles, and hard stuff that can injure your oral mucosa.
2. Cornmeal Natural Treatment for Oral Thrush
In the morning, right before you wake up, take 1/2 tbsp. cornmeal in your mouth with a pinch of sea salt and a drop of water. Do this before even starting to speak. Move the cornmeal mix in your mouth from one side to another and from back to front until it turns into a soft paste. Spit it out and rinse your mouth well.
You’ll sense that you’ve scrubbed your tongue off a few layers. You can use this remedy even if your healthy, along with brushing your teeth. Then you’re ready for the propolis treatment.
Take 20 drops of 30% propolis 3 times per day, 30 minutes before each meal. Complete it with marigold infusion gargle and a few cups of marigold, thyme, or St. John’s wort teas daily.
Read More: Home Remedy for Oral Conditions
3. Herbal Mix Remedy for Candidiasis of the Mouth
This remedy is based on a tea that goes like this. Mix together 20 g of marigold flowers, 10 g of stinging nettle, 20 g of horsetail, 30 g of white dead-nettle, and 20 g of common knotgrass. Infuse a teaspoon of this herbal mix into one cup of hot water for 10 minutes, not more. Slip the tea and have two cups of this wonderful tea per day, for one of two weeks. Although annoying and painful, oral thrush has met their match under the form of this herbal tea mix that claims to put an end to this suffering and pain.
4. Blueberry Leaves for Oral Thrush
This tea is amazing in refortifying the body against such fungus infections as candidiasis. Prepare a leaves mix tea with blueberry, mallow, and walnut; 5-6 leaves per cup of water. Have 2-3 cups of this tea daily. At 5 o’clock in the afternoon grate 100 gr of carrot and 1 apple and eat this nutritious and healthy mix. Continue the cure for 2 weeks and fight off candidiasis!
Methyl blue is also good with oral candidiasis. Soak a bit of methylene blue on a cotton bud and press it on the small hives inside your mouth.
Read More: Natural Remedy for Tongue Polyps
3 Herbal Remedies for Oral Thrush
- Sage Leaves Home Remedy. Chew fresh sage leaves of drink an infusion tea made with sage. Rinse your mouth well and drink 1 cup three times per day, so 3 cups in total.
- Lady’s Bedstraw Cure. Make an infusion with 1 full tsp. of lady’s bedstraw. Use it for gargle while you drink it bit by bit. Or use chamomile herb instead. For this, mix together 100 g of water with 1 tsp. of sodium bicarbonate and chamomile tea and use it for gargle.