If you are looking for simple and effective natural treatments for giardiasis, continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first.
Also known as beaver fever, giardiasis is caused by the flagellate parasitic bug that can be contracted via contaminated consumables, also known as Giardia duodenalis. It can easily be passed from animals as well. Symptoms may include diarrhea, abdominal pain, and weight loss. However, as dreadful as it sounds there are very many old remedies for giardiasis. We have collected the 10 best natural treatments for giardiasis below. One of which is especially effective for children. The reason is that kids are more prone to contracting giardiasis. Let’s get into the remedies.
10 Natural Treatments for Giardiasis
1. Complete Natural Treatment for Giardiasis
This is one of THE best natural treatments for giardiasis. First things first. The first step of this complete natural treatment for giardiasis is the fern and wormwood sitz baths. Here is how to prepare and use them.
- Macerate a few tablespoons of fern and wormwood overnight in 2 L of water at room temperature.
- Strain the content and put the plants in another 2 L of boiling water this time.
- Filter the second macerate and mix it with the first one, so that the water has around 38-39°C temperature.
- This water is ready to use for your sitz bath.
- After you’re done, easily pad the wet area dry and stay somewhere warm and cozy to stay for at least 30 minutes.
- Do these baths daily, at the same hour of the day for the following 7-8 days.
Attention! Fern is highly toxic. Don’t use it internally and don’t wash the rest of your body with it.
In addition to these wonderful sitz baths, the treatment consists of a number of tinctures that you can use as follows. Mix together 20 drops of wild thyme tincture, 30 drops of calendula tincture, 20 drops of wormwood tincture, and another 30 drops of propolis tincture. You can have 100 drops twice a day if you’re an adult, while for children between the ages of 11-15, the dosage is 60 drops twice per day. This is one of the best natural treatments for giardiasis.
You Can Find The Tinctures Here
2. Cherry Remedy for Giardiasis
Put 50 pitted cherries into 200 ml of vinegar and let them macerate overnight. Eat the cherries the very next morning before breakfast. You can use dried cherries as well. Follow this natural treatment for 2 weeks, have a 1-week pause, and resume the treatment for another 2 weeks. This is one of the most powerful natural treatments for giardiasis because it has worked for very many people so far.
3. Giardiasis Remedy with Limes
Cut a few limes into 4 and eat the seeds as they are. Make sure the limes are fresh, otherwise the seeds will taste bitter. Kids should have 1 tsp. per day while adults 1 tbsp. until they feel well. As simple as it sounds, this is one of the most effective natural treatments for giardiasis.
4. Grapeseed Cure for Giardiasis
Wash clear the grape seeds and then pass them get them on a tray in the oven so that they brown a bit. Ground them using your coffee beans grinder. For the following 10 days, have 1 tsp. of the grape seeds powder on an empty stomach in the morning and don’t eat for the following hour. You can use a bit of water to swallow it better. One of the best natural treatments for giardiasis, word.
5. Natural Treatments for Giardiasis with Onion
Onion is a powerful natural antibiotic, which makes this one of the most powerful natural treatments for giardiasis. Here goes. Take a medium-sized onion, peel and wash it and then cut it finely on a plate (not on the chopping board because you will lose the juice). Put the onion in a sealed jar. Pour spring water over the onion so that the water level is a cm above the onion. Macerate the onion for the next 12 hours so that is ready by 8 in the morning.
Have 1 tbsp of this onion macerate before breakfast on an empty stomach, three days in a row at the same exact hour. Pause after you’ve finished the entire content and then resume the treatment after 7 days.
6. Giardiasis Treatment with Pumpkin Seeds
First thing in the morning, chew on 6 unroasted pumpkin seeds, with peels on them. Swallow them with a bit of water. Follow this remedy for 7 days, pause for another 7, and resume. Pumpkin seeds fight off most types of parasites in the digestive tract, which makes this one of the most effective natural treatments for giardiasis.
7. Natural Treatment for Giardiasis with Wormwood
Follow a simple giardiasis treatment with wormwood tincture. Administer the tincture as it said on the prospect. Propolis tincture is also amazing and you can use these two at the same time. Have about 15-20 propolis tincture drops every day for 10 days with spring or flat water. Wormwood is definitely one of the best natural treatments for giardiasis.
8. Oatmeal Remedy for Giardiasis
Add 125 g of steel-cut oatmeal in 500 ml of water and boil until the water level drops to half. Drink the resulting water (hot or cold) throughout the day. You can have it all at once, no problem. After 2 weeks repeat the treatment once and that’s it. This is one of the most filling and nourishing quick-action natural treatments for giardiasis.
9. Tansy Infusion Remedy
Have a cup of tansy infusion first thing in the morning. For an adult, use 5 to 7 blossoms, while for kids 2 to 3. After a week of treatment, pause for a week and resume it once again. Attention! Follow this remedy only once a year, since used more often it can be very toxic!
Read Also: 5 Natural Remedies for Intestinal Parasites
Garlic Milk Remedy for Giardiasis in Children
First of all, you need to procure an enema rubber pear for kids, that you need to disinfect by boiling it for 20 minutes. After it has cooled down, throw away the water inside it and you’re ready to use it. This how you prepare the enema:
- Put a partially peeled and crushed in a wooden mortar garlic head in 500 ml of cold milk.
- Boil the milk for 5 minutes and then leave aside to cool off.
- Strain the milk, so that there are no garlic bits left inside the milk.
- Use gauze and a wooden spoon to squeeze well all the juice from the garlic head inside the milk.
- Fill up a rubber pear (anal douche) with 150 ml of garlic milk.
- Anoint the part that enters the anus with a bit of calendula salve.
- Introduce the enema in the rectum with 0.5 cm and slightly squeeze it so it empties inside the anus.
- Hold the liquid in for 5 minutes, then you can the child on the potty.
- Afterward, wash the anus well and anoint it so it doesn’t get sore.
- Drink the rest of the garlic milk the first thing next morning, on an empty stomach.
Children may experience cramps in the stomach area, but this a sign that the remedy is working. Track every bowel movement and when you see a sort of jelly-like substance like a raw egg white in the stool, then you know the parasites are gone. This is one of the most efficient natural treatments for giardiasis which also has a great effect on all the intestinal worms and parasites.
The Best Diet for Giardiasis
Now that you the best natural treatments for giardiasis to follow above, here are a few diet adjustments that you can do as well. The foods that are most recommended for giardiasis are the following.
- Chickpeas Soup. Boil together for a half-hour in 1 L of 100 gr of chickpeas and 150 g of barley. Add parsley to the soup as well. After another 10 minutes, the soup is ready. Have 3 cups per day at 2-3 hours intervals.
- Potato Salad. Add 50-60 gr of walnut oil to your potato salad. Have this salad for dinner 3 days in a row.
- Cabbage Juice. Have 20-30 gr of cabbage juice first thing in the morning, 3 days in a row.
- Honey & Wormwood. Mix together equal parts of these two ingredients: dried wormwood flowers & honey. Have 1-2 tsp. on an empty stomach in the morning. If you take it with anise infusion is even better. Do this for 3-4 days.
Preventative Measures for Giardiasis
In addition to the natural treatments for giardiasis above, here are other things you can do to prevent giardiasis. When washing your hands, make sure you scrub them well and you make a lot of foam. Don’t use a basin to wash your hands, but only running water. Make a thorough hand scrub. Insist under your nails, because that’s where the parasite eggs, fungal spores, and the millions of microbes gather. Rinse your hands well and soap them once again. Then repeat the process.
Wipe your hands with clean and absorbent towels. Now you’re ready to eat. Wash well the fruits that you eat. In the evening after having a shower, take on new underwear. Boil and then iron the underwear on the inside to make sure there are no giardia eggs. Keep nails short and clean.
Read Also: 10 Natural Remedies for Diarrhea
We hope that these natural treatments for giardiasis will truly help you out as well as they did many others before you. Let us know if these remedies have worked for you in the comment section below. Stay healthy, naturally!