If you are looking for simple and effective natural treatments for gastritis, continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first.
Gastritis Gastritis is an inflammation of the lining of the stomach due to its damage. Gastritis is a common condition that has many etiologies (causes). In most cases, gastritis is not a severe problem and improves quickly if treated – in the absence of treatment, it can take years. It is a lifestyle condition caused by excess stress and unhealthy eating habits.
The natural treatments for gastritis we are about to show to you use herbs and natural products but also include a few diet advice to help you heal. If you choose to combine herbs with your diet, you will see some amazing results. As we’ve stated earlier incorrect eating habits have a lot to do with developing gastritis, that is why we need to reverse the process by eating correctly and feeling amazing after it. Here are the 19 best natural treatments for gastritis that you can try at home, with no side effects. Let’s get to the remedies.
19 Best Natural Treatments for Gastritis
1. Marjoram & Sage Natural Treatments for Gastritis
For the first two days of this treatment, you need to detoxify the body so you need to drink only marjoram and sage teas, without sweetening them. The following two days you need to have vegetable soups with only a bit of whole bread and have cabbage juice three mugs per day. In order to put an end to the pains caused by gastritis, you have lemon balm, caraway, and mint tea in the same mix.
Also, another home remedy that will help is the cinnamon oil and polyflower honey. Mix a few drops of cinnamon oil with one tablespoon of honey and have them throughout the day, whenever you feel a bit below the bar. In addition to their great taste, the cinnamon and honey combination will help recover and get you back on your feet faster. This is one of the best natural treatments for gastritis.
You Can Find These Remedies Here
2. Egg Whites Tincture Remedy for Gastritis
Pour whisked egg whites (the foam) over 750 ml of 50° natural fruits alcohol, until you fill up a 1 L bottle. Keep the bottle in a dark place. You can use the egg white tincture right away as follows. Have 50 ml in the morning, for the next 10 days, then increase the dosage to 100 ml until you have no more tincture. Shake the bottle well before every use and don’t eat 2 hours after you’ve taken this remedy.
3. Milk Skin & Egg Yolks Treatment for Gastritis
Whisk well together 2 tbsp. of milk skin/foam with 2 egg yolks and 2 tsp. of honey, until you get a buttery cream consistency. Split the quantity into 3 parts and take it 30 min before breakfast, lunch, and dinner throughout the day. Make sure you take the first portion right before you wake up and have breakfast at least an hour later. This is one of the most effective natural treatments for gastritis.
4. Raw Egg Whites Remedy for Gastritis
Eat 1 free-range egg white first thing in the morning for a week. Don’t eat for an hour after you’ve taken the raw egg white. Pause the remedy for 3 weeks and then resume it. Pay more attention to what you eat and how you combine foods. Have fruits only 1 hour later after you’ve had a meal and stay away from the foods that have high levels of starches and sugars. Acid foods and milk are also not recommended.
5. Natural Remedy for Gastritis with Grapes
One of the most effective natural treatments for gastritis is the grapes cure. This cure will help even in a more chronic form of gastritis. You can also follow the grape diet alongside your prescribed medication. Here is how you can follow the remedy at home.
- On the first diet day, drink only water (plenty of) and diuretic teas.
- On the second day eat ½ kg of black grapes one hour before lunch and one hour before dinner. Also, have 250 g of grapes before breakfast. The grapes must be peel free and with no seeds. Eat them with one slice of whole bread.
- The following days add another 500 grams of black grapes each day until you have reached a total quantity of 3 kg a day.
- Then, decrease the daily quantity of grapes gradually, with 500 g every day until you reach the quantities from the second diet day.
The foods you eat while on this cure should be light and almost raw. Also, eat fish at least two times per week Avoid fried foods, animal fats, deli meat, sweets, and flour-based products. Resume this grapes diet every year during autumn time, when the grapes are in season.
6. Linden Charcoal Remedy for Gastritis
For this remedy, it‘s easier if you can find linden tree charcoal in naturist stores, but you can also prepare it at home as follows.
- Gather a few not very thick linden branches.
- Break them into pieces so that they can burn easily and put them in a metal pot.
- Let them burn until they turn to embers.
- Cover the pot with a lid, and bury it underground for a few days, and leave it to stay a week at most.
- Grind the linden charcoal as finely as possible using an electric grinder.
Preserve the obtained powder in sealed glass jars. Have 1-2 tsp. of the linden charcoal powder twice a day, for the following 3 weeks. You can take it with a glass of flat water, for easier intake. This is one of the most powerful natural treatments for gastritis.
7. Parsley Root Tea
Boil 1 kg of parsley roots in 2 L of water until the water drops down to half. Split the tea into 7 portions and drink it all in the morning at 10 minutes distance. Drink the tea at room temperature. This is one of the most simple yet effective natural treatments for gastritis.
8. Mustard Seeds Remedy for Gastritis
Swallow 1 seed of mustard with water daily and increase the seeds dosage daily with 1 seed, until you take 20 seeds of mustard with a cup of water. When you’ve reached this dosage, decrease the daily dosage again until you take 1 mustard seed. Resume the cure in a week if necessary.
9. Water Cure for Gastritis
Boil 300 ml of water 6 times like this. Give the water a simmer, take it off the fire and leave aside to cool down, then again give a simmer, take it off the fire and leave to cool down. Have the entire water quantity on an empty stomach before meals. Two minutes after you’ve drunk it, force yourself to burp 5 times. The gastritis pain will go away and usually never returns. This is one of the most effective natural treatments for gastritis.
3 Natural Remedies for Chronic Gastritis
10. Willow Gentian Tincture
If you suffer from a chronic form of gastritis caused by an infection with Helicobacter pylori you can try a combination of gastric tea blend doubled by willow gentian tincture (Gentiana asclepiadea) for a more powerful effect. Follow this treatment daily for the next 2 months and you’ll feel amazing. Willow gentian tincture is not just one of the most effective natural treatments for gastritis, but also amazingly effective in the case of an enlarged liver and lazy gallbladder.
11. Green Apples Remedy for Chronic Gastritis
Grate 2 green apples with peels on and eat them right away. Don’t eat anything 5 hours previous and 5 hours after you’ve eaten the apples. This remedy is more efficient if you resume it 4 times, with a week pause between the cures. After 2 weeks, you can reduce the no eating time from 5 hours to 4. This treatment can often cause gas and bloating, hence it is recommended that the rest of your diet excludes raw fruits and veggies, cabbage, rather boiled meat, and veggies. This is one of the best and most delicious natural treatments for gastritis.
12. Propolis & Blueberry Remedies for Chronic Gastritis
Take 2 drops per 5 kg body mass of propolis tincture (30%) three times per day, 30 minutes before the main meals. You can add them to a piece of whole bread and eat it. Continue this treatment for the next 20 days. Double the efficiency of this natural remedy for chronic infectious gastritis with the blueberry tincture.
- Mix together 1 part crushed blueberries with 5 parts 70° alcohol in a glass sealed jar.
Keep the tincture in a dark place for the following 15 days and don’t forget to shake daily. STrain the tincture and have 1 tsp. three times per day. If this remedy will make you constipated, enjoy a laxative tea or 1 tbsp. of cold-pressed natural oil every evening. This is one of the most powerful natural treatments for gastritis.
Read Also: 3 Natural Treatments for Gastric Ulcers
In addition, follow a diet for 1-3 days consisting of equal parts of carrot, potato, and cabbage juice; the quantity is up to you. Avoid eating whole wheat flour bread, deli meats, canned foods, or fatty meats.
3 Natural Remedies for Erosive Gastritis
13. Honeycomb Remedy for Erosive Gastritis
Cut a honeycomb into pieces of 1.5 x 5 cm each. Take one piece of honeycomb each morning on an empty stomach and chew on it until you can easily swallow the comb as well. You can eat after a half-hour has passed. Follow this diet for the following 14 days. Pause for a couple of weeks and resume the treatment for another 14 days. Resume it anytime gastritis bothers you again. One of the best natural treatments for gastritis.
14. Honey Macerate for Erosive Gastritis
Macerate 500 gr of honey with 500 ml of fruit alcohol and leave it to stay for 3 weeks. Have 1 shot of this macerate every morning on an empty stomach until there’s no more left. This is a great remedy for erosive gastritis. In addition to the honey remedies, you can try a few teas that help restore the gastric balance. These are the most recommended:
- yarrow, horsetail, marigolds, liquorice, acacia flowers and common comfrey.
Make a decoction with 1-2 plant per cup of water and drink 2-3 cups daily. These herbs are some of the best natural treatments for gastritis.
Read Also: Home Remedy for Gastric Polyps
Avoid meat, fried foods, eggs, fermented cheese, and white bread. Calamus macerate early in the morning helps balance the gastric juices. Carrot juice is also amazing for erosive gastritis.
15. Potato with Honey Remedy
Grate a medium-sized potato and mix it with a few teaspoons of natural organic honey. Have a few tsp. of this mix 30 minutes before the main meals, 3 times per day.
4 Natural Treatments for Gastritis Hyperacidity
16. Herbal Infusion for Stomach Acid
Mix equal parts of marigold, horsetail, yarrow, St. John’s wort, and chamomile. Add 1 tsp. of this herbal mix per 250 ml of hot water and let it infuse. Have 3 cups of this infusion every day. In case you experience bloating, there is another herbal tea that you can prepare.
- Make a mix of yarrow, marjoram, garden mint, fennel, caraway or anise, thyme.
- Add 2 tsp. of this mix per 250 ml of water and make an infusion.
- Have a cup of this tea after the main meals.
These herbs are amongst the most powerful natural treatments for gastritis and stomach acid.
You Can Find These Herbs Here
17. Calamus Tea for Gastric Acid
Macerate in 250 ml of cold water 1 tsp. of calamus root overnight. Slightly warm it up next morning and have 6 sips per day, a sip before and after every meal. One of the best natural treatments for gastritis.
18. Common Comfrey Remedy for Gastritis
Do the same with common comfrey root as with the calamus, but drink it throughout the day in small sips this time.
19. Home Remedy for Gastroduodenitis with St. John’s Wort
In the case of chronic gastroduodenitis, there are a few non-intrusive and totally inexpensive things that you can do, using a mighty herb, St. John’s wort. This herb is one of the most effective natural treatments for gastritis.
- Boil 100 g of dried St. John’s wort into 1 L of water until the water drops to half.
- Leave the tea to macerate overnight.
- Strain the tea the next morning and squeeze the herbs well.
- Mix the tea with 500 ml of cold-pressed sunflower oil and boil again until it drops to half.
- Leave the macerate to cool down and then pour it into a glass jar, seal it and store it in the fridge, so it doesn’t ferment.
- Take 1 tbsp. of this natural medicine before each meal, every time you eat.
Stir the bottle well before each usage. Note down the first day of treatment and the last (until you have finished the entire quantity) and pause for exactly the same number of days. If you can’t see any improvements, resume the treatment. Beware! It can cause nausea, so have some honey within reach. This is one of the most powerful natural treatments for gastritis with hyperacidity.
The Best Diet for Gastritis
In addition to the natural treatments for gastritis above, there are a few diet changes that you can make,. Here is our advice in this sense.
- Avoid bountiful meals.
- Have plenty of boiled veggies and compote of baked fruits, veggie soups.
- Have chicken and fish but only boiled or steamed.
- Old bread, cottage cheese, and unfermented cheese are also OK.
- Avoid chicken soup, fat, fried or smoked meats, and stews.
- Off the list should be fresh bread, sweets, sugar, pastry, bullion, eggplants, onion, garlic, peppers as well.
These have been the best natural treatments for gastritis, including chronic gastritis, erosive gastritis, hyperacid gastritis, and gastroduodenitis. We hope you’ve found here a remedy for you! Stay healthy, naturally!