If you are looking for simple and effective natural treatments for flu, continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first.
Influenza, or flu, is a contagious respiratory condition caused by influenza viruses. The flu is different from a cold, because it starts suddenly and violently, while the cold symptoms gradually increase in intensity. The most common flu symptoms are fever, myalgia, headache, malaise, unproductive cough, sore throat, and rhinitis. Among children, the flu is often associated with otitis media, nausea, and vomiting. If the symptoms turn severe, consult a doctor immediately.
However, there are very many remedies for flu and we will present to you some of the most efficient natural treatments for flu and cold. Let’s get into the remedies.
10 Best Natural Treatments for Flu
1. Most Powerful Treatments for Flu with Garlic
The most efficient anti-flu remedy is garlic, however, garlic extract is an even more powerful natural treatment against flu and cold. There are two different ways to macerate garlic and I will present to you both of them right here. Here are some of the best natural treatments for flu. Let’s go.
Garlic Alcohol Macerate for Flu
You’ll need equal parts of garlic and 60 degrees pure alcohol. Smash the garlic and add it into the alcohol step by step, mixing thoroughly until you get a homogeneous paste. Let the mix cool and then pour into to macerate into a dark glass bottle and seal the bottle with a cork. Use this mix as prevention before the flu season outbursts, somewhere in autumn and in spring right before the pandemics. Have a teaspoon a day of the concoction if you aren’t suffering from flu and 2-3 teaspoons if you are already affected by the flu.
Garlic Water Macerate for Flu
Grind 6-8 garlic heads and add them into a large jar. Pour 1 L of cold fresh water over them and stir well. In order to diminish the powerful garlic smell add two small ground parsley roots or two tablespoons of parsley leaves. Leave the macerate to soak for the next 2 hours and then you’re ready to use it. Have 5-10 tbsp of the garlic macerate daily. Attention! Strain the macerate only when you’re using it. This simple garlic macerate is a great natural treatment for flu in case there are fever and chills and high temperature. The chills will go away in a few hours and the fever will break down in the next 1-2 days.
This is a great prevention cure against cold and flu and all the other viruses that attack the body when the weather changes. Also, it is one of the most efficient natural treatments for flu and all of its symptoms.
2. Miraculous Herbal Mix Remedy for Flu
There is no synthetic drug that will heal the cause of the flu and strengthen your immune system better than thyme tea, also called the poor man’s antibiotic. Thyme tea is a highly efficient virus killer, and it also helps hydrate the body, which makes it one of the best natural treatments for flu.
For this remedy, mix together:
- 2 tbsp basil
- 2 tbsp thyme
- 2 tbsp lovage
- 5-6 yarrow flowers
- 5 dried and washed walnut shells
Boil 1 L of water with a lid on and when it starts to boil add the herbal mix and the walnut shells in. Continue boiling for about 1-2 minutes, then leave aside to cool down a bit. Have 1 cup three times per day for 1-2 days. The fever will break down almost instantly and you’ll begin to sweat strongly. This is a great tea for the early stages of the flu, and one of the best natural treatments for flu.
3. Common Centaury Remedy for Flu
Another amazing tea in case of flu is common centaury. This herb is recommended for both prevention and healing. Drink 3-4 cups of this tea for the following 2-3 weeks in order to make sure you are flu-free. The ratio is 1 tsp of plant per cup of hot water. In combination, drink common centaury, linden, thyme, plantain, and marshmallow tea. These are some of the best natural treatments for flu.
4. Calendula, Yarrow & Celandine Natural Treatments for Flu
In case you also have a clogged nose caused by flu, here is another tea that you can try.
- Mix equal parts (a pinch) of the following herbs: calendula, yarrow, and greater celandine.
- Scald 1 tsp. of this mix into 1 cup of water, then add 3 drops of propolis tincture.
- Mix well, then use a pipette to add a few drops of this tea in your nostrils.
Add drop by drop with patience and gentleness, so that the operation lasts around 5 minutes. Take your time.
5. Elderflowers Natural Treatment for Flu
In order to calm down chest pains and fever which come along with the flu, you need to take a large piece of gauze and make compression with elderflower tea and place it on the chest and neck and cover it with another material to keep the temperature up. Leave the compression for one hour and then take on a light night cotton shirt and up to bed to keep hot. Next morning you will wake up fresh and light as a feather with no more sneezing and fever. Elder is one of the most powerful natural antivirals, which makes this one of the best natural treatments for flu.
6. Wine & Cinnamon Natural Treatments for Flu
Boil 1 bottle of red wine and when it starts simmering add in 15 g of cinnamon, 5 sugar cubes, and a few lemon slices. Drink 1/2 of this wine per day, split into 4 servings. Repeat for 3 days. Help the efficiency of this wine with the famous apple cure. Eat between 500 g to 1 kg of grated apples a day without eating anything else, for about 2-3 days. Cinnamon is a powerful natural antibiotic, which is why this is one of the most effective natural treatments for flu.
7. Beeswax Inhalations for Flu
Place a grain-sized bit of beeswax on a metal board over the fire. The wax will heat up and start making smoke. Inhale the beeswax smoke on each of your nostrils, one at a time until it melts down. Repeat another five times the procedure.
8. Propolis Tincture Remedy for Flu
Add 30 drops of propolis tincture in a cup of chamomile or marigold tea. Make a profound gargle with this solution and then swallow. You may use propolis tincture another way to cure flu. Add two drops of it at the root of your tongue, one on each side. That should do. This is one of the top natural treatments for flu.
9. Onion Syrup for Flu
Another one of the best natural treatments for flu is onion syrup. Peel 5 large onions, cut them into pieces and put them in a bowl. Add 8 tbsp of raw honey over them and mix well. Leave to macerate for 24 hours, stirring as often as possible. You will get a syrup. Slip the content, pour it into a corked bottle, and keep it in the fridge. Have 1 teaspoon 3-4 times per day of the onion syrup.
Read Also: 13 Natural Remedies for Cold and Flu
10. Natural Treatments for Flu with Body Rubs
- White Fir Oil Rub Remedy. Rub your chest, back, hands and legs with white fir oil 5-6 times per day. It’s even more efficient if you mix the oil with vinegar or hot pepper tincture.
- Cold Water Rubs for Flu. In case of high fever, make 5 cold water body rubs per day. Each rub is 2-3 minutes and you need to do them every 30 minutes. After each body rub, get into bed, cover yourselves well and stay warm.
- Water & Vinegar Cure. Mix a 1:1 ratio of water and vinegar and mix well. Use this to make 2 body rubs per day.
- Raw Eggs Rubs for Flu & Cold. Beat 2 raw eggs with 250 ml of vinegar essence (make sure you use vinegar essence, not vinegar). Keep the mix in a dark place for the next 14 days and then mix it with goat fat. You will obtain a balm that you can use for a thorough body rub from back to toes.
- Lamp Oil Rubs. Use double-refined lamp oil for a back body rub. Wrap the patient in a wet sheet afterwards and cover well.
Read Also: How To Get Rid Of Cold Fast
These are some highly efficient natural treatments for flu, and all the flue related symptoms. Garlic, thyme, onion, cinnamon are just a few natural antibiotics that you should try. They have rapid action against flu and cold and no side effects. Stay healthy, naturally!