Flu is perhaps one of the most common conditions that threaten our good health and subdue us for at least three or four days lying in bed with all these undesired symptoms. However, there are very many remedies for flu and we will present to you one some of the most efficient natural treatments for flu and cold.
10 Best Natural Treatments for Flu
1. Garlic Macerate the Most Powerful Treatment for Flu
The most efficient anti-flu remedy is garlic, however in combination with distilled alcohol or water it becomes an even more powerful natural treatment ever discovered against flu and cold. There are two different ways to macerate garlic and I will present to you both of them right here. Let’s begin!
Garlic & Alcohol Macerate Flu Remedy
You`ll need garlic and 60 degrees pure alcohol in equal parts. Smash the garlic and add it into the alcohol step by step, mixing thoroughly until it becomes a homogeneous paste. Let the mix cool and then soak into it in a dark glass bottle and seal the bottle with a cork. Use this mix as a prevention before the flu season outbursts, somewhere in autumn and in spring right before the pandemics. Have a teaspoon a day of the concoction if you aren’t suffering from flu and 2-3 teaspoons if you are already affected by the flu.
This is great prevention cure against cold and flu and all the other viruses that attack the body when weather changes and basically we don’t know what to wear anymore and in the end expose ourselves to the threats. This is a marvelous natural prevention as well as an efficient natural treatment for flu and all its symptoms and we really hope that you’ll find it useful for yourself or for others that have caught the dreadful flu.
Garlic & Water Macerate Flu Cure
Grind 6-8 garlic heads and add them into a large jar. Pour 1 L of cold fresh water over them and stir well. In order to diminish the powerful garlic smell add two small ground parsley roots or two tablespoons of parsley leaves. Leave the macerate to soak for the next 2 hours and then you’re ready to use it. Have 5-10 tbsp. of the slipped garlic macerate daily. Attention! Slip the macerate while you’re using it. This simple garlic macerate in a great natural treatment for flu in case there are fever and chills and high temperature. The chills will go away in a few hours and the fever will break down in the next 1-2 days.
2. Miraculous Herbal Mix Remedy for Flu
There is no drug that will heal the cause of the flu and strengthen your immune system better than thyme tea, also called the poor man`s antibiotic. Thyme tea is highly efficient in these conditions for both the amazing properties of the plant itself but for the hydration of the body, which is perhaps the most important aspect in healing from a flu.
- Mix together 2 tbsp. basil, 2 tbsp. garden thyme, 2 tbsp. lovage, 5-6 yarrow flowers, 5 dried and washed walnuts (shells only).
- Boil 1 L of water with a lid on and when it starts to boil add the herbal mix and the walnut shells in.
- Boil for about 1-2 minutes, then leave aside to cool down a bit.
- Have 1 cup three times per day for 1-2 days.
The fever will break down almost instantly and you’ll begin to sweat strongly. This is a great tea for the early stages of a flu.
Read More: 30 Natural Remedies for Cold and Flu
3. Common Centaury Flu Treatment
Another amazing tea in case of flu is common centaury one. Common centaury is recommended for both prevention and healing.
- Drink 3-4 cups of this tea for the following 2-3 weeks in order to make sure you are flu-free.
- The perfect ration is 1 tsp of plant per cup of hot water.
In combination, common centaury, linden, thyme, plantago and marshmallow plant.
4. Marigold & Yarrow Remedy for Flu
In case you also have a clogged nose caused by flu, here is another tea that you can try.
- Mix equal parts (a pinch) of the following herbs: marigolds, yarrow and greater celandine.
- Scald 1 tsp. of this mix into 1 cup of water, then add 3 drops of propolis tincture.
- Mix well, then use a pipette to add a few drops of this tea in your nostrils.
Add drop by drop with patience and gentleness, so that the operation lasts around 5 minutes. Take your time.
5. Elder Flowers Flu Treatment
In order to calm down chest pains and fever which come along with the flu, you need to take a large piece of gauze and make a compression with elder flower tea and place it on the chest and neck and cover it with another material to keep the temperature up. Leave the compression for one hour and then take on a light night cotton shirt and up to bed to keep hot. Next morning you will wake up fresh and light as a feather with no more sneezing and fever.
6. Wine & Cinnamon Remedy for Flu
Boil 1 bottle of red wine and when it starts simmering add in 15 gr of cinnamon, 5 sugar cubes and a few lemon slices. Drink 1/2 of this wine per day, split into 4 servings. Repeat for 3 days. Help the efficiency of this wine with the famous apple cure. Eat between 500 g – 1 kg of grated apples per day without eating anything else, for about 2-3 days.
7. Beeswax Inhalations for Flu
Place a grain-sized pure wax bit on a metal board over fire. The wax will heat up and start making smoke. Inhale the beeswax smoke on each of your nostrils, one at a time until it melts down. Repeat another 5 times the procedure.
Read More: How To Get Rid Of Cold Fast
8. Propolis Tincture Flu Remedy
Add 30 drops of propolis tincture in a cup of chamomile or marigold tea. Make a profound gargle with this solution and then swallow. You may use propolis tincture another way to cure flu. Add two drops of it at the root of your tongue, one on each side. That should do.
9. Onion Syrup for Flu
Peel 5 large onions, cut them into pieces and put them in a bowl. Add 8 tbsp. of natural honey over them and mix well. Leave the macerate for 24 hours to sit, stirring as often as possible. You will get a syrup. Slip the content, pour it in a cork bottle and keep it in the fridge. Have 1 teaspoon 3-4 times per day of the onion syrup.
10. Natural Treatments for Flu with Body Rubs
- White Fir Oil Rub Remedy. Rub your chest, back, hands and legs with white fir oil 5-6 times per day. It’s even more efficient if you mix the oil with vinegar or hot pepper tincture.
- Cold Water Rubs for Flu. In case of high fever, make 5 cold water body rubs per day. Each rub is 2-3 minutes and you need to do them every 30 minutes. After each body rub, get into bed, cover yourselves well and stay warm.
- Water & Vinegar Cure. Mix a 1:1 ratio of water and vinegar and mix well. Use this to make 2 body rubs per day.
- Raw Eggs Rubs for Flu & Cold. Beat 2 raw eggs with 250 ml of vinegar essence (make sure you use vinegar essence, not vinegar). Keep the mix in a dark place for the next 14 days and then mix it with goat fat. You will obtain a balm that you can use for a thorough body rub from back to toes.
- Lamp Oil Rubs. Use double-refined lamp oil for a back body rub. Wrap the patient in a wet sheet afterwards and cover well.
These are some highly efficient natural treatments for flu, and all the flue related symptoms. Garlic, thyme, onion, cinnamon are just a few natural antibiotics that you should try. They have rapid action against flu and cold and no side-effects. Stay healthy, naturally!