If you are looking for simple and effective natural treatments for alopecia, continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first.
If you suffer from alopecia which means that your hair has just started falling down and don’t know how to stop it? Don’t go for any miraculous treatments and drugs, because nature has an even better solution for your problem. We will show you how to prepare and use some natural treatments for alopecia and all you need to do is read carefully and get to the action.
9 Natural Treatments for Alopecia – Hair Loss
1. Garlic Natural Treatments for Alopecia
Garlic is a powerful medicine, and here are two ways in which you can use garlic as natural treatments for alopecia. For the first one, you’ll need some simple natural ingredients to prepare a special natural hair mask: garlic, castor oil, rum, and a dark glass bottle. So, basically, you need to:
- Smash a full garlic head and mix it with 100 ml of castor oil, 100 ml of high-quality rum (preferably of Cuban or Albanian origin, but make sure is the best quality).
- Put all the ingredients in a dark-colored glass bottle.
- Let the garlic mark macerate for 2 or 3 days before you can use it.
Now, this is how you should use this natural mask.
- Thoroughly but softly massage the scalp of your head with this mixture, every time you wash your hair.
- Cover your hair with a plastic bag.
- Wrap a warm towel over your head so everything stands in place.
When the towel has turned cold, replace it with another heated towel. You can remove the mask only after two hours have passed. Repeat the treatment every day for a week. You’ll see how the hair starts growing again and the alopecia is a matter of the past.
Garlic Rub Treatment for Alopecia
There are other ways to use garlic along with a few other ingredients and a handful of simple instructions that together make another natural treatment for alopecia. This is another remedy with garlic.
Rub lengthwise cut garlic cloves on the scalp where hair is missing by massaging it at the same time. Do this procedure every morning and evening. Immediately after you’ve finished rubbing garlic on the scalp continue by rubbing the same areas with black olives cut in halves.
It’s best if someone else helps you with these two procedures because they can better rub the hairless areas and massage the entire area without missing a spot. Tie a bandana or a scarf around your head after the 2 massages and wear it for the next 2-3 hours. Then you’re ready to wash your head with warm water, without hair blowing it. While doing the garlic massage treatment for alopecia, make this simple remedy and use it every 3-4 days. For this, you will need to:
- Whisk 2-3 organic egg yolks with 5 drops of rum and another 10-15 drops of apple cider.
- Wash your hair thoroughly with this solution (don’t use any shampoo or soaps).
- In 6-7 months, you’ll see a white puff starting to grow on your head that will turn into normal hair.
With this remedy, you’ll need to have a lot of patience and faith because natural and herbal remedies work, but not overnight. So be consistent and believe in it. These are two of the best natural treatments for alopecia.
2. Lugol Remedy for Alopecia
Make a simple mixture with 2 tsp. honey, 2 tsp. apple cider, 100 ml water, and a drop of Lugol. These quantities are calculated for a person of a maximum of 75 kg. If you are above this weight, add 2 drops of Lugol.
- 3 days of the week have 3 tsp. of this mix, and the other 4 take only honey and vinegar.
- This treatment is for 6 months.
Also, have 1 l of natural yogurt every day and replace your shampoo with egg yolks. Comb your hair daily and don’t cover your head unless it’s very cold outside. Lugol is one of the most potent natural treatments for alopecia.
3. Watercress, Natural Treatment for Alopecia
Make a simple tincture with 100 gr of watercress seeds and leaves, 100 gr nettle leaves, and 250 ml of 45° alcohol. Leave the tincture to macerate for 2 weeks in a dark-colored glass bottle and shake daily. Use this tincture to rub your hairless areas with it every night before bedtime. Or you can mix watercress tincture with nettle tincture and use it as is. There is another way to use watercress with efficacy. Juice watercress and use that juice to friction your scalp every evening. These are some of the best natural treatments for alopecia.
4. Iodine Tincture Remedy for Alopecia
On the first day of treatment use iodine on your hair roots. Soak an ear swab in iodine tincture and slightly touch the hair roots. Use just a little bit of iodine tincture, otherwise, you will get burned. The next two days wash your hair with chamomile tea. On the fourth day of treatment use iodine tincture again. Repeat this procedure for 3 weeks and the hair will start to grow back on. This is one of the most effective natural treatments for alopecia.
5. Walnut Juice Treatment for Alopecia
The best time to do this cure is at the beginning of summer when walnut leaves are small and super-green. Gather as many as you can and juice them, together with the shells. Use a cotton pad to apply the juice on your scalp.
6. Apple Cider Vinegar Remedy
Make a simple mix with 100 gr of nettle and 2 tbsp. of apple cider in 500 ml of water. Boil this solution for 30 minutes. Use it to massage your scalp daily, for a week.
Read Also: 5 Natural Treatment for Alopecia Areata
7. Honey & Cinnamon Remedy for Alopecia
Mix 1 tbsp. of honey with 1 tsp. of cinnamon, 2 tbsp. of extra-virgin olive oil, 1 tbsp. of brandy and 1 egg yolk. Use it to massage the scalp, then leave it on for 15-30 minutes. Wash your hair normally. Apply the mask at least twice a week. This is a 3-4 months treatment. This is one of the most powerful natural treatments for alopecia.
8. Castor Oil Treatment for Alopecia
This is one of the most powerful natural treatments for alopecia. Mix together equal parts of liquid gas (lamp gas), castor oil, and 80-90° alcohol in a bottle and shake until you obtain a milky emulsion. Wash your hair with your regular shampoo/soap or whatever you usually use. Avoid hair blowing it with a hairdryer, though.
Use cotton pads to rub this lotion on the roots of your hairs and on the scalp. Make sure the pads aren’t soaked in the emulsion, otherwise, at the end of the procedure you’ll feel your hair greasy and the hair roots will feel clogged. Rub the emulsion in well, just as you do when you dye your hair. Wash your hair again with a natural shampoo and repeat the procedure once again. Castor oil is one of the best natural treatments for alopecia.
9. Corn Oil Remedy for Alopecia
Warm-up some corn oil and use it to massage the scalp. Then wrap around a towel that’s been soaked in hot water. Wash your hair with eggs and rinse with birch infusion. It’s one of the best natural treatments for alopecia.
Other Natural Treatments for Alopecia
- Onion Juice for Alopecia. Grate one onion and pass it through a gauze so that all its juice comes out. Do the same as with walnut juice.
- Fresh Yeast Remedy. Have 1 tsp. of yeast every time you eat as it is or diluted in a fresh legume juice.
- Horse-Heal Hair Wash. Boil a decoction with 8 tbsp. of horse-heal per 1 L of water. Wash your head with this remedy once a week.
- Royal Jelly Remedy. Mix together royal jelly and pollen and use this mix to friction the scalp 2-3 times per week with a cotton pad.
Read Also: 15 Natural Treatments for Hair Loss
These are some really efficient natural treatments for alopecia, from the great variety of alopecia remedies that nature has to offer. We advise you to try them yourself and see what works for you. Enjoy beautiful strong hair with these simple remedies.