In medical terms, osteoperiostitis means inflammation of a bone and its periosteum, the membrane that covers the outer surface of the bones and prevents their abnormal growth or development.
- An osteitis (microbial infection of a bone) that has degenerated and has reached the periosteum of the bone;
- Accidents, most often while playing a sport or doing a sport activity;
- Micro lesions to the bone.
It is treated with rest, physical therapy sessions using special footwear that absorbs the shocks and by administering anti-inflammatory drugs. Yet, there are other treatments for osteoperiostitis that you can try, less invasive than the ones used in modern medicine.
We’re talking about herbal remedies for this conditions, that have proven their efficiency with many suffering from this painful conditions.
In any case, it’s best to consult a doctor if the pain is too much to bare. Here we have a simple yet efficient natural treatment for osteoperiostitis that you may find helpful.
Natural Treatment for Osteoperiostits with Herbs
This natural remedy has helped a patient suffering from osteoperiostitis at the lower jaw bone.
Make a cataplasm with a mush from the following herbs: common mallow, thyme, hellebore and birthwort.
- Boil the plants together and while they’re still hot, add barley flour and Swedish bitter in the pot and mix.
- Continue adding barley flour until you’ve reached a mush type of consistency.
- Apply this herbal mush on a piece of clean cotton fabric.
- Apply the poultice on where the bone hurts.
If you also suffer from jawbone osteoperiostitis, another remedy that you can try is applying a sterile compress filled with clay directly on the gum, inside the mouth. Marigold and chamomile teas are amazing for mouth wash, as well.
This is an amazing natural treatment for osteoperiostitis that we loved sharing with you all and we wish you to stay healthy!