Looking for natural remedies for scars? Continue reading this article and find out what they are and how to use them.
Scars can be a real aesthetic issue especially if they are on the face skin. Either we’re talking acne scars or scars from mild injuries, the 3 natural remedies here can help. They come from a large collection of old remedies from the Danube Valley, Europe.
Let’s get into the natural remedies for scars.
1. Honey & Egg Yolk Remedy for Scars
This home remedy is especially effective for burn scars.
- For this, mix well 1 egg yolk and 1 tsp of honey, until you get a homogenous paste.
- Apply the natural mask on the scars, three times a day.
This quantity should be last for one day of treatment. Repeat the remedy for 7-8 days consecutively and you’ll see the rough, hard scar tissue will once again become smooth and soft.
Before applying the egg yolk and honey remedy, wash the scar area with chamomile tea. Then apply the remedy and leave it on for 1 hour. Wash it off with chamomile tea again and apply a thin layer of chamomile balm. After the third application, leave the chamomile balm overnight.
You Can Find Organic Honey Here:
[amazon box=”B07GT7KGN3″ ]
2. Mutton Tallow Remedy for Scars
This home remedy for scars is quite ancient. If you can’t find a mutton tallow available near you, you can replace it with pure lanolin. Pure lanolin is naturally found in mutton tallow, this is why it is a great replacement, as long as is 100% pure.
- Anoint the scars with warmed up mutton tallow or lanolin, preferably in the evening, before going to bed.
- Massage it gently on the scar tissue, until it is almost completely absorbed.
- If the smell doesn’t bother you, apply it during the day as well.
In time, the skin will recover almost completely. But you have to be consistent and continue applying it daily until you see results.
You Can Find Mutton Tallow Here:
[amazon box=”B01N096GFA” ]
3. Swedish Bitter Can Heal Scars
Swedish Bitter heals all scars, bruises, or cuts signs, even old ones. In order to see results, you need to apply it at least 40 times. Swedish Bitter is also good for scars from burns (fire, hot water, or hot oil), is anointed repeatedly.
- The best way to use Swedish Bitter to heal scars is to apply it every evening in the affected area.
- Before padding the bitter on the scars, apply chamomile balm, by rubbing it in gently.
Swedish Bitter is an effective home remedy for other skin problems, such as erysipelas or chicken pox if used as poultice for 2-4 hours on the affected skin.
You Can Find Swedish Bitter Here:
[amazon box=”B01GSBP4S2″ ]
A Folk Remedy for Scars from the Danube Valley
People of the Danube Valley used a lot of folk remedies to treat their health issues.
For scars, in particular, they used to crack a few eggs in a pan and fry them on low heat (with no oil), until an oil-like substance would come out. Then they would stir continuously with a wooden spoon until the eggs start to smoke heavily. After the eggs have chilled, they collected that oil in a cup. They used this oil to anoint their scars, three times a day. To preserve its properties, the cup was covered and kept in a cool place.
Read Also: 5 Natural Treatments for Erysipelas
It is said that this oil is very effective for any kind of scar on the skin. We hope that you’ve found here some amazing natural remedies for scars that will help you out.