If you are looking for simple and effective natural remedies for rosacea, continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first.
Rosacea is a chronic skin condition characterized by the apparition of redness and pimples on the face. In many cases, it looks just like an acne rash, hence some call it rosacea acne. Although modern medicine doesn’t offer a sure cure for rosacea, there are plenty of natural remedies for rosacea for you to choose from. Here are some of the best.
4 Natural Remedies for Rosacea
1. Apple & Clay Remedy for Rosacea
Clay and apple juice are some of the most effective home remedies for rosacea. This remedy has two steps, a clay water face mask, and a fresh apple juice application. Let’s start with the first one:
- Soak 1 tsp of clay in a cup of water (use a glass cup) for a few hours.
- Stir gently and drink this water throughout the day.
- Use the sediments at the bottom of the cup to make a face mask.
- In the evening apply that clay to the face, let it dry, and sleep with it on.
Next evening eat a peeled apple and use the apple peels to wipe your face. Leave the juice from the peels on your face and get ready to go to bed. Apply these two natural masks alternatively. When the rosacea is mostly gone, you can continue to apply the apple peel mask in the long term. It’s tremendously important that you avoid smoking, coffee, alcohol, canned foods, and sweets, and do not use any makeup while on this remedy.
2. Natural Remedies for Rosacea with Echinacea
Rosacea is a sign that you need to build up your immune system and cleanse your body of toxins. One of the best natural remedies for rosacea is Echinacea purpurea. Take echinacea tincture as recommended on the prospect and double its efficiency by drinking 2 liters of the following herbal tea a day.
Blend together the following herbs: basil, heartsease, chamomile, rosehip berries, and St. John’s wort. Steep 1 tbsp of this tea into 250 ml of hot water for a while. The herbs in this tea have powerful detox action on the digestive tract, liver, gallbladder, pancreas, and spleen, which are all tightly interconnected. Topically, wipe your face 3-4 times per day with wormwood tea (1 tbsp/100 ml water). Eat plenty of fruits and avoid refined sugar to help you have bowel movements daily. Echinacea is one of the most powerful natural antibiotics, this is why this is one of the best natural remedies for rosacea.
3. Hops Tea Remedy for Rosacea
Make a simple hops infusion as directed on the tea package. Rinse your face with warm water and then wash with the hops infusion. Apply hot hops infusion poultices on your face every time you have the occasion, ideally multiple times throughout the day. Take the poultices off when they’ve turned cold.
4. Gentian Violet Remedy for Rosacea
Gentian violet solution is amazing for both rosacea and acne vulgaris. Apply gentian violet on the rosacea pimples. It may seem unpleasant at first, but in 2-3 days maximum all your pimples will dry out and your face will be clean and without any marks. Pad the solution on each and every rosacea spot. If you believe the purple color is an issue, try the gentian violet solution on your back first and when you’ll see the amazing results, it won’t bother you to have purple dots on your face for a couple of days. This is one of the most effective natural remedies for rosacea when coupled with a healthy diet.
Diet Recommendations for Rosacea
In addition to the natural remedies for rosacea above, your diet should support your healing. For this, have plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, lemon water, simple veggies soups, and salads. Replace cooking oils with coconut oil. Coconut oil is a natural antibiotic and doesn’t overburden the gallbladder. Foods that you should avoid:
- High-fat foods (deli meat, lard, smoked meats)
- Food additives, flavors (even natural ones), synthetic coloring, and anything unnatural.
- Cheese, except for fresh curd cheese.
- Alcohol, smoking, coffee, and sodas.
Follow a Strict Hygiene for Rosacea
- Use personal towels that you wrap around your pillow when you sleep and change them often.
- Avoid touching your face throughout the day for no particular reason and keep your fingernails cut very short and clean.
- Wash your face and back 2 times per day with natural soap and a soft skin brush.
- Use a natural face cream and avoid synthetic face creams that contain preservatives and parabens.
- Avoid makeup and conventional skin products.
Read Also: 7 Natural Treatments for Acne
We hope that the natural remedies for rosacea here, the diet recommendations, and the simple tips will help you heal from rosacea and enjoy healthy, beautiful-looking skin. Stay beautiful, naturally!