If you are looking for simple and effective natural remedies for cough, continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first.
If you confront yourself with a severe cough and don’t know what to do about it, perhaps it is time to take a look at a natural remedy for cough that really helps. Here we have selected and sorted out a few of the most helpful natural remedies for cough. Pick one and try a natural cure for cough at home.
10 Best Natural Remedies for Cough
1. Plantain Syrup Remedy for Cough
For those who didn’t yet know, plantain is one of the best natural remedies for cough nature has to offer. Prepare the plantain syrup as follows.
- 200 g of fresh plantain leaves (or 100 g of dried ones)
- 2 teaspoon of minced anise
- 1 teaspoon of dill seeds
- 300 g of powdered sugar
* you can replace sugar for honey, but add it after the tea has cooled off enough.
- Add all the ingredients in a pot with 1 liter of water.
- Bring to a boil and boil on very low heat for 30 minutes.
- Strain through a fine sieve while the syrup is still hot.
- Let the syrup cool off in a clean glass bottle.
How to Use
Have one teaspoon of the plantain syrup a few times per day to ease the expectoration. You can find the ingredients below.
2. Violets Syrup Remedy
Mix together 100 grams of fresh and minced violet petals along with 400 grams of natural honey. Place 300 ml of water over the fire to boil and add the petals and the honey. Let them simmer at very low heat until they get the consistency of a syrup. Have 2-3 teaspoons of this wonderful syrup a day. This is one of the most powerful natural remedies for cough.
3. Black Radish Syrup Remedy for Cough
Another one of the most amazing natural remedies for cough is the black radish syrup that you can easily prepare at home as follows. You’ll need a healthy larger black radish and a jar of honey (bought locally).
- Scoop out the inside of the radish until you remove 1/3 of its core.
- Fill up radish with raw honey.
- Let it sit overnight.
- Pour the obtained radish syrup in a glass.
Whenever you experience another round of rebel cough, have 4 teaspoons of the black radish syrup right away. This is one of the oldest and most effective natural remedies for cough.
4. Marshmallow Tea Remedy for Cough
A simple yet effective natural treatment for cough is the mallow tea. You’ll need minced mallow roots to prepare this tea.
- Add one tablespoon of minced mallow root in one cup of hot water.
- Let the plant macerate in the water for about 2 hours.
- Then strain and take the leaves out.
- Sprinkle a pinch of sodium bicarbonate over the boiled mallow roots.
- Leave them just stay for a while.
- Then pour the tea over the bicarbonate and the roots.
- Mix well and this time strain through a fine piece of gauze.
Enjoy mallow tea over the course of the day in small sips. You can find the ingredients below.
5. Almond Milk Home Remedy for Cough
In order to obtain high-quality almond milk, you need to follow the instructions below. Take a handful of almonds and place them in a bowl full of water to soak thoroughly. Then peel off their brown skins. Smash them thoroughly in a mortar while adding cold water, a drop at a time.
Continue this process until you obtain an almond paste or butter. Add an equal quantity of slightly more liquid honey and the almond milk is ready. Have 4 teaspoons of this remedy per day for at least 1 week. You’ll see the cough is over and even more, you have a better appetite and feel way better overall. This almond milk cure is one of the best natural remedies for cough. You can find almond butter and raw honey below.
6. Horseradish Syrup for Cough
Did you know that horseradish is also one of the strongest antibiotics in the world? Yes, it is. Here is how you can make horseradish syrup, one of the best natural remedies for cough.
The first thing you need to do is to grate one horseradish root and then mix it with two tablespoons of honey and leave it to macerate for half an hour. Afterward, slip the juice through a gauze so that the liquid comes all out. The grated horseradish remained must be boiled into 100 ml of water along with a tablespoon of honey and soak another time. Mix the obtained syrup with the more thick one, firstly obtained. Take three tablespoons a day of this honey and horseradish syrup, before the main meals of the day. This is a natural remedy for severe cough episodes!
Read Also: 13 Natural Remedies for Cold and Flu
7. Comfrey Root Tincture Remedy for Cough
Comfrey tincture is another one of the most amazing natural remedies for cough, and here is how you can make it at home.
- Grate 10 grams of comfrey root and put it in a small jar.
- Pour 100 ml of 70 degrees alcohol over the comfrey roots.
- Let the mixture soak for two weeks, but don`t forget to stir it every evening, regularly.
- After the two weeks have passed, slip the mixture and take 15 drops of the comfrey tincture, three times a day.
For best results, take the comfrey tincture in the morning before breakfast. Beware! You need to carefully weigh the comfrey root before making the concoction. Comfrey root can be poisonous in too large dosages.
8. Walnut Tea Remedy for Cough
Grind 4 whole walnuts (both nuts and shell) and mix them with 1 teaspoon of dried elder fruits. Put the entire mixture in a pot containing 500 ml of boiling water. Continue to boil the tea for 15 more minutes on low heat. Let the tea cool down, drain and then sweeten the tea with one tablespoon of honey.
Drink 500 ml of walnuts tea throughout the day and continue the treatments for 4-5 days, until the cough stops altogether. You’ll soon see the cough has stopped and the tea doesn’t taste that bad as you’ve expected. This is one of the most effective natural remedies for cough. You can find the ingredients below.
9. Quince Seeds Tea Cure
Pour a cup of hot water over 1 teaspoon of quince seeds and cover the tea for 10 minutes. Have two cups of the quince seeds tea per day until all the cough and the other symptoms are gone. For the best results, you can add honey.
10. Lemon Balm Tea
One of the most effective natural remedies for cough is this herbal tea blend. Mix equal parts of lemon balm and motherwort and add 2 teaspoons of this mix in 300 ml of water. Simmer on low heat for 15 minutes and then slip it. Have 2-3 cups of this tea per day, sweetened with linden honey. You can find the two herbs below.
Read Also: How to Get Rid of Cold Fast
We hope that the natural remedies for cough we presented to you here will truly help you out. Let us know in the comment section below what are your favorite natural remedies for cough and what worked for you. Stay healthy, naturally!