Want to learn how to make parsley root salad at home and how to use parsley root salad for healing? Continue reading.
Parsley root salad is one of the most effective ways to use parsley as medicine. Making parsley root salad at home is quite easy, but the health benefits are tremendous. So before we show you how to make parsley root salad, a little about the health benefits of parsley root and parsley root juice. Let’s begin.
In This Article You Will Find:
Health Benefits of Parsley Root Salad
Parsley root salad is excellent for stimulating digestion and intestinal transit, due to its laxative properties. Its indigestible fibers push the waste materials in the colon like a piston, while certain active principles stimulate intestinal peristalsis, which makes parsley root an amazing remedy for atonic constipation.
It is also a strong stimulant of the activity of the ovaries, due to apiol, an organic substance in parley root that gives the aromatic smell and has stimulating effects on these endocrine glands. Consuming parsley root in the form of salad stimulates the production of estrogen hormones, responsible for the assimilation of calcium in the body, and for strong bones. Fresh parsley root has anti-inflammatory effects on the joint, preventing degenerative processes in the joints. Its therapeutic action in rheumatic conditions is explained, among others, by its antioxidant effect.
Researchers have observed that people who frequently consume fresh parsley root, have a lowered and stabilized blood pressure, due to its strong diuretic effect. In addition, this vegetable is very rich in potassium, helping to normalize the heart rhythm, and is also recommended as an adjuvant in cardiac arrhythmia.
How to Make Parsley Root Salad
To make the parsley root salad, grind the well-washed parsley root (around 50 grams) on the large grater, add grated carrot, and a little bit of lemon juice. You can also garnish your parsley root salad with celery root, cabbage, or grated beetroot, as well as fresh dill or fresh parsley leaves. If you cannot stand the taste, you can add a tiny drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of sea salt, but these two ingredients do not support the full healing properties of parsley root. If you suffer from a chronic condition, better leave oil and salt out.
7 Health Uses of Parsley Root Salad
- Hypoglycemia – parsley root salads and parsley juice consumed frequently help to stabilize blood sugar levels, by regulating insulin production, as well as the activity of the cortico-adrenal glands.
- Gallstones – parsley root salad stimulates the gallbladder to evacuate bile, thus preventing stasis and the formation of gallstones. Eat parsley root salad to also regulate the cholesterol and bilirubin in the bile.
- Dyspepsia and Indigestion – parsley root appetizer salad is a guarantee of good digestion. This is because it stimulates the production of gastric juices, stimulates the movements of the smooth muscles of the digestive tube, and has anti-parasitic properties, preventing gas, bloating, or colics.
- Hypertension – eating parsley root frequently, especially in the form of salad (minimum 35 grams daily) is of great help for hypertension.
- Constipation – eat a parsley root and carrot combined salad with cold-pressed olive oil and apple cider vinegar with honey for 7-14 days.
- Osteoporosis – eat at least 50 grams of parsley root in a salad, together with olive oil, cabbage, and fresh dill, at least five times a week.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis – eat at least 40 grams of parsley root in salads over the course of one month.
Parsley Root Side Effects and Counterindications
Pregnant women should not consume more than 10 g of fresh parsley root per day. Parsley root juice is not recommended during pregnancy, because it can lead to premature contractions. This does not apply, however, in the case of boiled parsley root, which does not have these adverse effects (30 g per day maximum). People who suffer from chronic kidney problems should only have very small quantities of raw parsley root or parsley root juice when starting a cure, as the normal dosage may be irritating to inflamed kidneys.
Read Also: How to Make Parsley Root Juice
If you’ve enjoyed learning how to make parsley root salad and how to use parsley root salad for healing, please share this article. In this way, you help more people reach this ancient information and thus enrich the world. Have you used parsley root as medicine before? Leave us a comment below. Stay healthy, naturally!
Share on Pinterest ❤️