Want to learn how to make blue iodine at home and the most important blue iodine uses for health? Keep on reading.
Blue iodine is another popular remedy used successfully in Russian folk medicine. It is known to increase resistance and vitality, lower sugar and cholesterol in the blood, improve the elasticity of blood vessels, thin out the blood, regulate tension, and alleviate some headaches. But before we show you how to make blue iodine at home and the main blue iodine uses for health, let’s see what blue iodine actually is.
What Is Blue Iodine?
Blue iodine is not a specific chemical compound, but rather a term used to describe the color change that occurs when iodine solution is added to starch. It is an enhanced form of natural iodine solution that has been used in some medical tests, such as the Lugol’s iodine test for thyroid function, but also as a natural remedy to boost natural immunity and improve overall health. The main blue iodine uses are:
- Detecting the presence of starch. This is a common laboratory test used to identify starch in food, pharmaceuticals, and other products.
- Testing for thyroid function. Lugol’s iodine test is a medical test that uses blue iodine to assess the function of the thyroid gland.
- Treating infections. Iodine has antiseptic properties, and it can be used to treat minor cuts, scrapes, and burns.
- Disinfecting water. A small amount of blue iodine can be added to water to disinfect it and make it safe to drink.
- Staining tissues. Blue iodine is used in some staining techniques for biological tissues.
In addition to these uses, blue iodine is also used in some folk remedies and alternative health practices, as you will see below. Now that you know what blue iodine is, and the main blue iodine uses, here is how to make blue iodine at home, 100% natural.
How to Make Blue Iodine at Home
This blue iodine recipe has been successfully used especially to restore some affected functions in people who have suffered a cerebrovascular accident (speech, memory, and movement). The sooner it is administered, ideally from the second day after the accident, the faster the recovery process will go. Now let’s dive into the blue iodine recipe.
- 2-3 apples, peeled and cubed
- 500 ml (2 cups) of water
- 1 heaped tsp potato starch
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp iodine solution (5%)
How to Make Blue Iodine
Boil the cubed apples in the water to make a compote, then strain the liquid. In 50 ml of the liquid add the potato starch, the sugar, and the lemon juice and mix well. Bring another 200 ml of the apple compote (only liquid) to a boil and pour into it the previously made starch mixture. Homogenize well and simmer on low heat for 2-3 minutes, until your composition turns into a jelly-like substance. Allow the content to cool down to 60-65°C/140-149°F. After it has cooled down, the solution of iodine, and mix until you obtain a uniform blue color. Your blue iodine solution is ready.
How to Use Blue Iodine
In the first 5 days of treatment, depending on the body weight, one can have 3-4 teaspoons of the blue iodine once a day, followed by a pause. After resuming, one can increase the dose gradually, adding one teaspoon every 5 days, until they reach the maximum dose of 8 teaspoons a day for an adult. The blue iodine preparation is consumed 30 minutes after a meal, mixed with warm water, for 5 days. Pause for 5 days, then resume for 1.5-2 months if needed.
Blue Iodine Uses for Health
- Cardiovascular Problems – 2 teaspoons of blue iodine once a day, for 14 days, then 2 teaspoons twice a day, for another 14 days. Three of these reps are recommended during the year for those suffering from cardiovascular problems, including recovery after a stroke.
- Cancer – the recommended dose is 4 teaspoons of blue iodine every two days, then every 3 days, up the dose with one more teaspoon until you reach the maximum dose of 8 teaspoons a day.
- Boost Natural Immunity & Prevention – blue iodine is recommended to be used twice a year – in autumn and spring, for one month, one teaspoon twice a week (Tuesdays and Fridays).
Read Also: How to Make Iodine at Home Naturally
If you’ve enjoyed learning how to make blue iodine at home, the key blue iodine uses for health and the blue iodine recipe, please share this article so more people can use this free information. Let us know in the comments below what have you used blue iodine for and with what results. Stay healthy, naturally!
Share on Pinterest ❤️