If you are looking for a simple and effective home remedy for heel pain, continue reading this article and find out how to follow this remedy at home. But first.
Heel pain is a common foot problem. The pain usually occurs under the heel or just behind it, where the Achilles tendon connects to the heel bone. Sometimes it can affect the side of the heel. Causes for heel pain include arthritis, infection, an autoimmune problem, trauma, or a neurological problem. So it’s important to consult a doctor if the heel pain persists.
This is a very old home remedy for heel pain, but it only applies to heel pain caused by rheumatism and not by other spine bone infections or of other sorts.
Garlic, the Home Remedy for Heel Pain
This home remedy for heel pain has proven to be really efficient and people in the rural areas of Eastern Europe still use it as a common medicine for rheumatism generated heel pain.
- You need 1 head of garlic, lamp oil, a piece of plastic (from a plastic bag), and a bandage.
- Press the garlic and mix it with a bit of lamp oil so that you obtain a paste.
- Apply this paste on the heel that hurts and smear it all over the painful area.
- Cover the heel with a plastic wrap or a piece of the plastic bag and secure it with a bandage so that it doesn’t fall off your heel.
- Put on a larger sock over the poultice and let the remedy take its course overnight.
If you feel a burning sensation that doesn’t seem to stop, you’ll need to take the cataplasm off. Some people are more sensitive than others and have more sensitive skin, this is why it may burn you.
Home Remedy for Heel Pain with Common Comfrey
This is another remedy for heel pain that you may find as well useful and it is really simple to do. This is what you have to do:
- Put 300 gr of common comfrey leaves in a pot filled with 5 L of cold water and leave them to soak overnight.
- After 24 hours have passed give the leaves a boil.
- When the liquid cools down, get your feet in it for 20-30 minutes.
- Don’t throw it away after you’re finished, because you will use it for a second time.
Read Also: 15 Natural Remedies for Cracked Heels
Next evening, heat it up and repeat the procedure exactly. Only after these 2 baths, you’re ready to use another 300 gr of common comfrey leaves. Repeat the procedure every evening for the next 3 weeks. We really hope that you’ll find this home remedy for heel pain quite helpful. Stay healthy, naturally!