Radiation burn, also known as radiation dermatitis or, in short, radiodermatitis is the condition caused by exposure to different types of radiation.
The condition is manifested through skin damage in general as burns.
Here is an efficient home remedy for radiation burn and a few tips.
In This Article You Will Find:
3 Home Remedies for Radiation Burn
1. Debrisan, the Remedy for Radiation Burn
Cleanse the burn well with chamomile and marigolds tea or with Ethacridine lactate (known on the marker as Rivanol) and then let the area dry. Cover the burn with Debrisan and then bandage normally. Make sure your hands are really clean and disinfected before doing this procedure.
Change the bandage every 2 days and continue the treatment until you’re healed completely. Due to the fact that Debrisan in a drug, we strongly recommend that you consult a doctor first.
2. Cabbage Compress, a Home Remedy for Radiation Burn
When the wound is on its way to healing you may start using cabbage leaves compress and stop using Debrisan.
- Cut the think cabbage leaves nervures and press them with your dough roller until they begin to get their juices out.
- Apply compresses with 3-4 cabbage leaves one on top of the other for the following 2-3 weeks.
- Change the compress when the leaves have dried.
We recommend that when you begin the cabbage leaves treatment you stop any other treatments that you’ve tried before and didn’t have the expected results.
3. Common Comfrey & Birthwort Remedy for Radiodermatits
Mix equal parts of common comfrey and birthwort powders and use it in cataplasms overnight. Mix the powders with a little bit of water until you obtain an adherent paste. Stretch it over the burnt surface of skin and then apply a normal bandage over it and that’s it!
We are positive that this home remedy for radiation burn (radiodermatitis) will help you recover fast and for good.