A hangover is probably one of the most common after party “situations” that happens mostly in countries such as Ireland and Russia. Just kidding. Puns aside, the effects of a hangover are real and dreadful, so we figured one needs a handful of home remedies for hangover that you can try at home, whenever the case.
But What Is a Hangover?
A hangover is a poor physical and mental state after a night (or day) of drinking caused by the toxic effects alcohol has on the human body. Yes, we take it casually when we’re talking about alcohol, but alcohol is the worst thing that you can put in your body, that causes damages in short term (hangover) and long term (cirrhosis, cancer, alcoholism, and alcohol addiction).
In this sense, we urge you to reconsider drinking alcohol on a regular basis, because the effects are more damaging than you can now imagine. It takes less than 1 year of daily drinking (even a sip) to develop an alcohol addiction! Attention! It happens without being aware and the next thing that you know is you’re addicted to it.
We have here for you some pretty useful home remedies for hangover that have helped so many others so far. Try one or several of these home remedies for hangover and put an end to nausea, dizziness, and other alcohol drinking-related symptoms. Still, the best cure for a hangover is not drinking alcohol. We cannot emphasize enough how damaging alcohol is for you.
9 Simple Home Remedies for Hangover
- Have 1 glass of tomato juice mixed with 2 raw eggs.
- Have a cup of tea with 5 teaspoons of sugar in it.
- Have 1 liter of mineral/sparkling water mixed with the juice of one lemon.
- Have 1 liter of sour pickled cabbage juice mixed with one raw egg.
- Have a glass of water with 30 drops of propolis in it.
- Chop 2-3 garlic cloves and 2-3 parsley leaves and mix them with 10 drops of cooking oil. Rub this mix on a piece of bread and eat it right before getting drunk.
- Mix 30 g of sweet cabbage juice with 30 ml brandy and 30 ml onion juice. Heat up the mix over the fire and drink it in one big sip right before boiling.
- Add equal parts of apple vinegar and water in one large enameled pot and put it over the fire until it starts to simmer. When steam starts to come out, lean your head over the pot and start to inhale them.
- One of the best home remedies for hangover is to have marinated mackerel and sour cabbage juice (or whey) for breakfast.
We really hope that these home remedies for hangover will suit you up and put you back on your feet in no time. And next time, drink moderately or don’t drink at all.
Hangover is a Sign to Stop Drinking
Read Also: 7 Natural Treatments for Alcohol Addiction
Again, we cannot emphasize enough how damaging causal drinking is for the body. Don’t get fooled by the “trends” and the influencers and peers encouraging you to drink. If you don’t feel good about it, and after it, then don’t do it. You are just poisoning your body and the effects are very, very detrimental.