Looking for home remedies for hangovers that actually work? Continue reading this article and find out what they are.
Hangovers are the most common after-party signals from your body that the alcohol that you just had last night was not a good idea. Still, most people treat hangovers so casually, as it’s just a hangover, nothing more. A hangover is actually a sign that alcohol is toxic to the body. Before we get to the home remedies for hangovers, we want to emphasize that drinking alcohol is more damaging than we’re actually led to believe. And here’s why.
What Happens When We Drink Alcohol
After only one sip of alcohol, the white blood cells (the cops in the bloodstream) go numb, the liver is overworked to remove the alcohol toxicity, the body is dehydrating and the natural immunity is sacked. Whatever toxicity (junk food, soda, drugs) we put in our body while inebriated will damage our health on the spot. Alcohol is actually one of the worst things that you can put in your body, as it causes short-term damage (hangovers, chronic dehydration, low immunity) and serious long-term illnesses (liver cirrhosis, cancer, alcoholism, etc.).
DID YOU KNOW? Drinking only one glass of wine every day over the course of ONE year is enough for you to develop an alcohol addiction. It takes less than 1 year of daily drinking (even a sip) to develop an alcohol addiction! Becoming addicted to alcohol happens without you even being aware of it.
Alcohol Is Toxic to The Human Body
We do not recommend alcohol to anyone, ever. It’s one of the most hazardous things we do to our bodies, and just because most people drink alcohol so casually, this doesn’t diminish its toxic effects on human health. Just because the majority of people do something (?), it doesn’t make it safe and OK. On the contrary. Why is casual drinking promoted on such a large scale? We don’t know, but there must be some interests in the middle, but not our own best interest.
So before you go out for a drink next time, think of all the suffering going inside your body when you drink.
Without further ado, we have here for you some very useful home remedies for hangovers that have helped very many others so far. Try one or several of these home remedies for hangovers to stop nausea, dizziness, and other alcohol intoxication symptoms. Still, the best cure for hangovers is not drinking alcohol. We cannot emphasize enough how damaging alcohol is for you. We do NOT recommend alcohol drinking, not even casually, not even one sip, ever.
9 Simple Home Remedies for Hangover
- Drink 1 cup of tomato juice in which you mix 2 raw beaten eggs.
- Have a cup of tea with 5 teaspoons of honey added to it.
- Drink 1 liter of mineral/sparkling water in which you add the juice from one lemon.
- Drink 1 liter of sour pickled cabbage juice mixed with one raw egg.
- Have a cup of water with 30 drops of propolis tincture in it.
- Chop 2-3 garlic cloves and 2-3 parsley leaves and combine them with 10 drops of cooking oil. Spread this paste on a piece of bread and eat before drinking to prevent hangovers.
- Combine 30 g of cold-pressed cabbage juice with 30 ml of onion juice. Heat up the remedy over the fire and drink it in one big sip.
- Combine equal parts of apple vinegar and water in one large enameled pot and bring to a simmer. When it steam starts to come out, lean your head over the pot and start the inhalation.
- One of the best home remedies for hangovers is to eat marinated mackerel and pickled cabbage juice (or whey) for breakfast after a night of drinking.
We really hope that these home remedies for hangovers will help you up get back on your feet in no time. In addition to these remedies, drink plenty of water, as alcohol dehydrates the body terribly. And next time, drink moderately or (even better) don’t drink at all.
Read Also: 7 Natural Treatments for Alcohol Addiction
Again, we cannot emphasize enough how damaging causal drinking is for the body. Don’t get fooled by the social “trends“, Instagram pictures of wine glasses, and influencers pushing alcohol as such a hipe thing and encouraging drinking. You don’t even know how many of them have alcohol addiction problems. Don’t be one of them. If you don’t feel good after drinking alcohol, then stop drinking. You are just poisoning your body and the effects are very, very detrimental. We hope that these home remedies for hangovers will really help you out. Stay safe and sober, naturally!