If you are looking for simple and effective home remedies for chronic cervicitis, continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first.
Chronic cervicitis is a very frequently encountered condition amongst women of all ages. Cervicitis is an inflammation of the cervix, and most of the time the symptoms are completely absent. The cervix is the lowest part of the uterus. It extends slightly towards the vagina. During labor, the cervix dilates to allow the baby to pass through the endocervical canal.
Like any tissue in the body, the cervix or cervix can become inflamed for a variety of reasons. The inflammation of the cervix is known as cervicitis. Before we get to the home remedies for chronic cervicitis, let’s see the common chronic cervicitis symptoms.
Chronic Cervicitis Symptoms
The main symptom of chronic cervicitis is leucorrhea – a vaginal discharge, constant, flowing, not very abundant, which can sometimes contain blood streaks. Its color and appearance vary depending on the etiological agent involved. Usually, the presence of cervicitis does not cause pain, fever, or menstrual disorders, and it can evolve unnoticed over the years.
However, no matter how common it is, you need to take action immediately and follow treatment. In addition to the allopath treatment that your doctor will prescribe to you, you may also try some of these 7 home remedies for chronic cervicitis below, vaginal irrigations with healing herbs. Good luck and good health to you!
7 Home Remedies for Chronic Cervicitis with Herbs
1. Walnuts and Oak Bark Home Remedies for Chronic Cervicitis
One of the most efficient home remedies for chronic cervicitis is this one that uses the mighty healing properties of walnut shells and oak bark. Here are the steps or preparing and following this natural cure for cervicitis:
- Add 1 handful of walnut hard shells and another handful of oak bark into 3 L of water in a pot and place the pot over the fire.
- Boil the shells and bark until the water turns brown in color, then slip the content.
- Add 2 handfuls of fresh or dried common comfrey to the obtained tea and bring to a boil.
- After a few boils, bring the tea off the fire and add 1 handful of chamomile, 1 handful of yarrow another one of calendula flowers. Three in total.
- Cover the pot and leave for a few minutes for the plants to infuse well.
- Strain and leave aside to cool down.
- When the tea has reached a bearable temperature, pour it into your irrigator (you may also use a rubber pear) and start the vaginal irrigations.
- Have lots of patience and care when doing this procedure and make sure the tea reaches the wounded cervix.
How to Use
- Do the vaginal irrigations in the evening right before bedtime.
- Immediately after, put on a thick robe and it tightly wrap it around your waist, without whipping yourselves with it.
- Every 2-3 days after following this treatment do steam sitz baths using the same tea (alongside).
- Get a thick robe on you and directly into bed after this procedure, without wiping yourself.
The plants in this tea have scarring and healing properties and they are amazing disinfectants as well. Follow this remedy for 2 weeks, at which time your cervicitis should be healed completely. These two are amongst the most powerful home remedies for chronic cervicitis.
2. Herbal Remedy for Chronic Cervicitis
This is one of the most wonderful home remedies for chronic cervicitis that has been tried and approved by so many women so far. Mix together:
- 1 tbsp. of birthwort
- 1 tsp. of common comfrey root
- 1 tbsp. of chamomile flowers
Soak the herbs in ½ l of cold water overnight. Strain the tea the next morning. Put the herbs from the tea in another ½ l of water and boil until the water quantity drops to half. After this second tea cools down, you are ready to mix the two teas together.
How to Use
Introduce this tea into your vaginal irrigator and undergo the procedure with great care, making sure that the tea reaches the wounded area of your cervix. Make sure the tea temperature is 100% bearable and comfortable. You can sit in the candle position so that the tea has reached where it needs to start the healing process. 2-3 days later do also sitz baths with the same tea. This herbal combination is one of the most powerful home remedies for chronic cervicitis.
Important! This tea is highly toxic for internal usage, so only use it for vaginal washes. While you are following this treatment and 1 month afterward avoid sexual intercourse.
3. St. John’s Wort Heals Chronic Cervicitis
This simple St. John’s wort oil macerate might just be the answer for your chronic cervix wound. This is how you can make it at home. Fill up a 500 ml bottle with St. John’s wort flowers and branches and then pour sunflower oil over the herb in the bottle. Macerate in a dark place for 8 days at least (however, the more you leave it to macerate, the more efficient it will be), until it turns red in color.
Apply the macerate using a small sterile gauze roll that can fit in. Around 2-3 applications will be sufficient to help the cervix to start repairing and healing itself. One of the best home remedies for chronic cervicitis.
4. Chronic Cervicitis Remedy with Herbal Sitz Baths
Yarrow and common lady’s mantle are some of the most efficient herbs when it comes to severe genital conditions, such as chronic cervicitis. Here is how you can use them.
- Use these teas alternatively for vaginal washes using an irrigator every evening.
- Use yarrow tea one evening and common lady’s mantle tea the next for 2 weeks time.
- Then you can do the irrigations every other day for one whole month.
Concomitantly, pause the sexual intercourse. You may as well use these herbs for sitz baths, like this.
- Add 100 g of either yarrow or common lady’s mantle and leave in cold water overnight (for 12 h).
- Next morning, bring the water to a boil and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add it to your hot bath water and bathe for 30 minutes at a 37°C water temperature.
Lady’s mantle with yarrow are two of the best home remedies for chronic cervicitis.
5. Vaginal Douche for Cervicitis with Wormwood
In addition to the walnut shell, oak bark, yarrow, and common lady’s mantle that are very efficient in case of chronic cervicitis, there are other herbs that are wonderful for this condition if you use them to make vaginal irrigations. Here are a few of the most efficient. For the first week of treatment follow this exact combination. Then you may repeat the procedure twice a month. Use this as prevention too. Wormwood is one of the best home remedies for chronic cervicitis, it works wonderfully!
- Bring 1 l of water to boil.
- Separately, add 1 full tbsp of wormwood in 1 cup of water and boil it until it drops to half the initial quantity.
- Slip this tea really well (2-3 times using a clean gauze) and add it into the hot water you’ve boiled.
- Let the infusion cool down until it reaches a bearable temperature for vaginal irrigation.
- Add 1 tsp of calendula tincture and another one of Echinacea tincture (this one is really important that you add) into the infusion and start the irrigations.
6. Powerful Herbal Mix for Chronic Cervicitis
Make a herbal mix with equal parts of yarrow, shepherd’s-purse, and common comfrey root. Use a concentrated warm tea made from these three plants for vaginal irrigations, twice a day. While following the treatment, avoid sexual intercourse, catching a cold, and stress. In a few weeks, the cervix wound usually heals. The complete healing time depends on the size of your wound and on each and everyone’s body.
7. Yarrow & Celandine Home Remedies for Chronic Cervicitis
Last but not least, yarrow and greater celandine are amazing when used alternatively for vaginal washes.
- Make the yarrow infusion by adding 4 full tsp of plant per 250 ml of boiling water.
- Let the herb infuse for 5 minutes and then you can use the infusion when is warm.
- Prepare the greater celandine infusion the same as the yarrow infusion, but add only 2 tsp of the plant in the same quantity of water.
Use the two infusions alternatively, not together or mixed. In addition, drink 2 cups of yarrow and calendula tea daily. Use equal parts of plants and prepare the tea by adding 2 tsp. into 250 ml of water. This is one of the most effective home remedies for chronic cervicitis.
Read Also: 4 Natural Remedies for Cervicitis
These are the best 7 home remedies for chronic cervicitis that you can find anywhere. Keep the faith, believe that you will heal and this is what the universe will give back to you. Stay healthy, naturally!