Looking for herbs that reduce appetite and how to use them to suppress appetite naturally? Continue reading and find out.
Unkile pills, these herbs that reduce appetite have no side effects, they stimulate the metabolism and reduce appetite naturally. How so? These plants have diuretic, purifying, detoxifying, laxative, carminative, choleretic, sudorific, diaphoretic or appetite-reducing, digestion-stimulating, and fat-burning effects properties. Without further ado, let’s get to the herbs that reduce appetite and show you how to use them.
Top 8 Herbs that Reduce Appetite
- Stinging nettle (Urtica dioica) reduces appetite, cleans toxins from the blood, and provides the body with vitamins C, and E, as well as calcium, magnesium, iron, silica, and potassium, for muscle and bone health;
- Dandelion root (Taraxacum officinale) reduces appetite and helps you feel fuller and less hungry while you eat and is one of the best natural alternatives to coffee;
- Chicory root (Cichorium intybus) reduces the secretion of ghrelin and helps release larger amounts of leptin (the satiety hormone), making it one of the best herbs that reduce appetite. Plus, it’s a wonderful natural alternative to coffee.
- Green tea (Camellia sinensis) suppresses appetite and induces weight loss, thanks to its rich antioxidants, polyphenols, and theine content, which help burn fat and calories – beware! green tea contains caffeine;
- Elderflowers (Sambucus nigra) have a diuretic, slightly laxative action, eliminating toxins and excess water inside cells, as it induces intense sweating;
- Lady’s mantle (Alchemilla vulgaris) is used as a diuretic, anti-anemic, and anti-diabetic, and has hormonal balancing properties, being one of the best herbs for women’s problems;
- Sage (Salvia officinalis) supports women’s hormonal balance and well-being and is a wonderful healing herb for the digestive tract.
- Birch leaves (Betula pendula) have purifying effects and make one of the best detoxifying and purifying herbal teas after the long winter.
- Fennel seeds (Foeniculum vulgare) have hormonal rebalancing, and rejuvenating properties, and make one of the best natural remedies for cellulite as they fight water retention.
Powerful Appetite Suppressant Tea
Make a herbal blend with elderflowers, birch leaves, dandelion root, stinging nettle leaves, green tea, lady’s mantle, chicory root, sage, and fennel seeds (equal amounts). Steep 2 tsp of this herbal blend in 200 ml of boiling water for 10 minutes and drink 2-3 cups a day (unsweetened), 30 minutes before eating.
Important! Green tea contains caffeine, so if you want to ditch caffeine as well, exclude green tea from the list, or replace it with roiboos for that extra flavor. This tea is not recommended during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
To suppress appetite naturally even more, drink lemon water in the morning, add spices such as cinnamon, and hot pepper, to your foods, and eat plenty of diuretic fruits and vegetables such as garlic, artichoke, asparagus, eggplant, beet, celery, cucumber, spinach, fennel, lettuce, onion, dandelion, pineapple, cherries, watermelon, peaches, and grapes.
Read Also: 6 Herbs That Suppress Appetite Naturally
Now you know what are the best herbs that reduce appetite and how to use them to make a powerful appetite suppressant tea, please share this article. This way we can help more people learn how to use herbs to fight food cravings and rely on nature to suppress appetite instead of toxic drugs. Stay healthy, naturally!
Share on Pinterest ❤️