Looking to make at home your own herbal Christmas tea blends for the holiday season? Discover five DIY herbal tea blends for relaxing and cheerful Christmas holidays.
If you want to make a unique Christmas gift to someone you love, we recommend trying a herbal Christmas tea blend. Easy to make, healthy, and aromatic, these five herbal tea recipes for the holiday season will bring more serenity, relaxation, and a good mood for the happy Christmas holidays approaching.
The herbs used in these Christmas tea blends all have healing properties for the mind and body, are calming, and have a lovely scent that adds to the Christmas atmosphere. Here are the five amazing herbal Christmas tea blends you can make for yourself, or as a gift for someone close.
5 Herbal Christmas Tea Blends to Make at Home
1. Chillin’ at Ho-Ho-Home
- 20 g hawthorn flowers
- 20 g Siberian ginseng root
- 30 g angelica root
- 30 g rosemary leaves
Preparation & Use. Add a tablespoon of the herbal blend to a cup of cold water, bring to boil, and simmer for 2-3 minutes, then steep for 10 minutes covered. To make the most of this herbal blend, drink 2-3 cups of tea a day (ideally have one around 5 p.m.).
2. Serenity & Bliss
- 25 g hawthorn flowers and leaves
- 25 g verbena leaves
- 25 g lemon balm leaves
- 25 g passionflower
Preparation & Use. Steep 2 teaspoons of the Christmas herbal blend in 1 cup of boiling water for 7-8 minutes (uncovered) and strain. For more flavor and bliss, sweeten with 1/4 or 1 teaspoon of lavender or orange blossom honey. Yum!
3. Minty Christmas Blend
- 40 g verbena leaves
- 35 g mint leaves
- 25 g linden flowers
Preparation & Use. Add 1 teaspoon of the herbal blend to 1 cup of boiling water, steep with a lid for about 5-8 minutes, and strain. Sweeten with raw honey to taste.
4. Herbal Christmas Blend for Peaceful Nights
- 15 g orange leaves
- 15 g jasmin buds
- 10 g lemon balm leaves
- 10 g hops
- 10 g angelica
- 10 g lavender flowers
- 10 g linden flowers
- 10 g thyme leaves
- 10 g basil leaves
Preparation & Use. Add 1 tablespoon of the herbal blend to 1 cup of water. Bring to the boil for 1 minute, then steep with a lid for 3 minutes and strain. For more flavor pour 2 drops of lavender essential in 1/2 teaspoon of raw honey and add to the tea. You can also use essential oils of tangerine, marjoram, and bitter or sweet orange. Have 1 cup of tea at the end of the day for a good night’s sleep.
5. Dreamy Christmas Nights
- 20 g chamomile flowers
- 20 g of lemon balm flowers
- 20 g linden flowers
- 20 g of sweet woodruff (aerial parts)
- 20 g of marjoram leaves
Preparation & Use. Add 1 teaspoon of herbal blend into a cup of boiling water, let it steep for 5-7 minutes, and strain. Drink one cup before bed for a pleasant Christmas night’s dreams. To make sure you have vivid dreams, have an MSM supplement before sleep.
How to Make The Best Herbal Christmas Tea Blends
- Choose good quality herbs from local herbal stores or online, and choose organic herbs if possible.
- Follow the recommended dosage per cup of tea and store the Christmas herbal teas in a tightly closed jar. Each recipe makes 100 g of herbal tea, the ideal quanity to pack as a homemade Christmas gift.
- When making the tea use fresh water (ideally spring water or purified water) and turn the heat off before reaching boiling point.
- Steep each herbal infusion as recommended, because this greatly changes the flavor of the tea.
- For extra aroma, add a few drops of essential oils to the herbal mix before packaging.
If you’ve enjoyed our herbal Christmas tea blends, share the article so more people can enjoy a cup of healing tea this holiday season. Much health and happiness to you, naturally!
Share on Pinterest ❤️