Looking for the best herbal face masks for skin for all skin types that you can easily make at home this spring? Continue reading this article.
Herbal face masks are the best thing you can do for your skin during the spring season when the wild healing plants come out from the ground and into the sun. These healing herbs make some of the best herbal face masks for all skin types, depending on your skin complexion and needs. Thus, we have here not just one, but eight amazing herbal face masks for skin that you can make at home with spring herbs and flowers. Let’s get to them.
8 Best Herbal Face Masks for Skin This Spring
- Herbal Face Mask for Dehydrated & Sensitive Skin – Finely chop a few lesser celandine leaves (Ranunculus ficaria), then rub them with 1/2 tsp of olive oil and 1 tbsp of linden flower honey in a mortar. Apply this herbal paste on the face in the evening, for 20 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
- Herbal Face Mask for Glowing Skin – Finely chop a few sprigs of dill and parsley and mix them with one whisked egg yolk, to which you add 1/2 of linden flower honey. Apply this herbal mask in the evening for 20 minutes before washing it off with water.
- Herbal Face Mask for Oily Skin/Acne – Put a handful of fresh dandelion leaves in 100 ml of natural apple cider vinegar and keep this in the fridge for 5 days. Strain the infused vinegar, and add 30 drops of propolis tincture to it. Apply this infused vinegar herbal mask in the evening.
- Herbal Face Mask for Brown Spots – Brown spots are due to an overburdened liver, thus look further into detoxing the liver. Alongside supporting your liver, this herbal face mask can help. Make an infusion with fresh lettuce and parsley leaves (keep in the fridge), and use it to alternately to wash your face, in the morning and evening. After padding it to your face, leave the infusion to dry on your skin naturally.
- Herbal Face Mask for Soft & Tender Skin – You can apply a mask of a thin layer of raw honey, which you massage gently to penetrate your skin. Then wash it off with water. If you also apply a natural face cream with high content of propolis in the morning and in the evening, this will help your skin even more.
- Herbal Face Mask for Dry Skin – Make a nettle infusion by adding a handful of fresh nettles in 300 ml of boiling water. Cover and steep for 15 minutes, then strain and heave to cool down. Then add 1/2 teaspoon of honey to the lukewarm nettle infusion. Wipe your face daily with this herbal water/mask and leave it to dry naturally on your skin. Then you can apply an ampoule of lyophilized royal jelly to your skin (use royal jelly only once a week).
- Herbal Face Mask for Rosacea – Combine 10 g of raw honey (2 tsp) with 20 g of concentrated thyme infusion. Soak a piece of medical gauze in this liquid herbal mask and apply it in the evening. Then apply a natural anti-rosacea moisturizing cream.
- Herbal Face Mask for Early Wrinkles – Mix 10 g of honey with 20 g of dried marshmallow root decoction, which is prepared as follows: simmer 2 tablespoons of marshmallow root in a cup of hot water for 3 minutes, strain, and let it cool down. Apply compresses with this healing herbal tea in the evening, then use a natural face cream, or just coconut or jojoba oil.
Remember that all skin problems stem from the liver, which is overburdened, weakened, and thus unable to perform at maximum capacity. Especially now that we’re coming out of winter, a season during which we tend to overeat and don’t get enough sunlight and physical activity. We invite you to read more about the skin-liver relationship on Medical Medium’s website, where he beautifully explains very well this connection.
Read Also: 6 Wild Herbs for Spring Detox – Whole Body Cleanse
In spring, the skin – like the whole body, for that matter – is more exposed to solar radiation, wind, and dust. It’s good to know that if you don’t have the financial resources to go to a beautician, you can resort to little natural tricks, such as these herbal face masks that will revitalize your complexion and make your skin glow. If you’ve enjoyed these herbal skin mask recipes, please share this article so the information reaches more people. Stay beautiful, naturally!
Share on Pinterest