If you are looking for simple and effective natural remedies for adenoiditis, continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first.
Adenoiditis is an inflammation of the adenoid glands, located in the back of the nose, that act as a natural barrier against pathogens. Adenoiditis occurs frequently in children, between 2 and 5 years, especially those who go to kindergarten or other large groups. This inflammation can be acute, ie it occurs for example, in an episode of cold or chronic, when it evolves over time through prolonged exposure to favorable factors or when acute episodes are not treated properly.
Although most doctors recommend surgery when it comes to dealing with adenoiditis, in some cases, there is no need for such an intrusive solution.
We have a few natural remedies for adenoiditis that might help. Check them out!
5 Natural Remedies for Adenoiditis
1. Propolis & Horseradish Remedy for Adenoiditis
This is an amazing external treatment for adenoiditis. You can follow the propolis remedy while doing any or all of the other remedies below, there are no restrictions.
- Have propolis tincture three times per day (2 drops per 5 kg body mass).
- Use a piece of bread to drop the tincture onto and take it 15 minutes before the main meals of the day.
Grate a piece of horseradish and make a simple poultice. Apply it on the forehead. Repeat until the adenoiditis is gone.
2. Anise Macerate Adenoiditis Remedy
Perhaps the best remedy for adenoiditis is the anise macerate.
- Grind 15 g of anise seeds and mix with 100 ml of medicinal alcohol.
- Let the anise and the alcohol macerate somewhere dark for 10 days.
- Make sure you stir the macerate daily.
After 10 days, slip the content and mix with boiled and cooled water in a 1:3 ratio (one part macerate, third parts water). Pour 10-15 anise macerate drops in each nostril, three-time per day until the adenoiditis is gone.
3. Vitamin A, a Real Treatment for Adenoiditis
This is a very old and simple natural remedy for adenoiditis and it does like this.
- Pour the content of 1 Vitamin A ampoule into a 30 ml dark glass bottle.
- Fill the rest of the bottle up with paraffin oil.
- Stir the bottle really well before each use.
- Add 5 drops in each nostril and stay with your head bent way back so that the drops enter your throat.
- Lay in bed on the horizontal for approx. 10-15 minutes.
When you’re left without the mixture, make it again. Continue the treatment for 3 to 6 moths straight.
4. Nasal Washes in the Morning
Add 1 teaspoon of salt into 1 liter of water and boil it for 10 minutes. Let the water cool down until it reaches body temperature. Pour a little water in the scoop of your hand, occlude one nostril with the other hand and inhale the water on the free nostril so that it goes out on your mouth.
Alternate the two nostrils until you have used the entire water quantity. After both nostrils are well washed, add in every 2 drops of lemon juice. Do the nasal wash in the morning and add the lemon drops afterward.
5. Simple Inhalation Remedy for Adenoiditis
In the evening make inhalations with a few fir tree branches or 2-3 tablespoons of hyssop or inhalant from your local drug store. Add the plants or the inhalant in the boiling water, cover your head with a bath towel and try to inhale the steam all the way into your chest. Do this for 10 minutes every evening.
Read More: 3 Natural Treatments for Tonsillitis
These are the most effective natural remedies for adenoiditis that we have for you. Let us know if they’ve worked for you too, by leaving a comment below. Stay healthy and well, naturally!