Want to learn how to make salicylic acid cream for eczema? Continue reading this article and find out a simple and effective natural cream for eczema.
The salicylic acid cream recipe here is a natural cream against purulent eczemas (with pus), calluses, and sweaty feet. Traditionally, this cream is made with pork lard, but the lard can be replaced with coconut oil and is just as good. Now let’s see how to make this powerful salicylic acid cream for eczema at home.
Salicylic Acid Cream for Eczema
We will prepare a more concentrated cream (16% salicylic acid concentration) for serious skin problems such as eczema, warts, and calluses. For this natural cream, you need the following ingredients.
- 80 g salicylic acid
- 50 ml propolis tincture or apple cider vinegar
- 500 g pork lard or coconut oil
- calendula flowers (optional)
Two days before preparing the cream, boil a handful of fresh or dried calendula flowers in the pork lard or coconut oil for 15 minutes. Allow to cool, cover, and leave aside for the next two days, so the healing substances from the calendula flowers pass into the fat. On the third day, warm the fat up once again slightly to strain the calendula flowers.
Separately, dissolve the salicylic acid in the propolis tincture (you can use apple cider vinegar or water as a solvent instead of the propolis, but propolis is better). Allow to soak for the rest of the day. The next day, add the salicylic acid solution to the infused pork lard or coconut oil and mix continuously for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, immediately pour the cream into small sterile glass jars (preferably amber). Use this powerful salicylic acid cream for eczema to apply to the affected area two times a day.
Salicylic Acid Cream Tips
- You can also make a more concentrated cream (20% concentration) with 100 g of salicylic acid, 70 ml of propolis, and 500 g of lard/coconut oil. After 2-3 days of treatment, the skin peels off, and then the cream is no longer used as it can cause irritation and even wounds.
- You can prepare the salicylic acid cream for eczema faster, without diluting the salicylic acid in any liquid, but instead mix it directly into the fat, and your salicylic ointment is ready.
- This cream is also good for warts. Rub it on the wart and stick a bandaid over the wart. After removing the bandaid, soak the wart in water, and after a while of repeating the process, the wart usually falls off.
- Make your natural facial cleanser, by making a less concentrated cream (10% concentration), in which case combine 10 g of salicylic acid with 90 g of coconut oil. Use it every second week to cleanse your skin profoundly. If you think it is too concentrated for you reduce the concentration to 5-6%, that is, use 5 or 6 g of acid with 95 g of coconut oil or lard.
- Instead of or alongside the calendula flowers, you can also use chamomile flowers or rosemary for their anti-infectious and skin-healing properties.
Read Also: 9 Best Home Remedies for Eczema
Remember that eczema is not the body attacking itself, but is usually caused by the Epstein-Barr virus feeding on inflammatory foods, pesticides, and toxic heavy metals in the body. Hence, to treat this problem holistically, focus on lowering your overall fat intake (all types), and reduce all animal products, especially eggs, dairy, farmed fish, and pork. Avoid GMOs (corn, soy, and canola oil), gluten, food additives, especially MSG, food flavors (including natural flavors), and processed foods.
Instead, eat as many raw ripe fruits and veggies as you can, clean water, and herbal teas (non-caffeinated). Fresh juices and smoothies, coconut water, oats, millet, brown rice, leafy greens, potatoes, algae, wild-caught salmon, trout, and sardines are also good.
Dandelion root, burdock root, artichoke, wormwood, and milk thistle teas can help reduce the burden on the liver and will give you a better chance to overcome eczema once and for all. If you’ve enjoyed learning how to make salicylic acid cream for eczema, please share this article so more people can use this information for free. Let us know in the comment section below what has worked for your eczema. Stay healthy, naturally!
Share on Pinterest ❤️