Want to learn how to make wormwood juice and how to use wormwood juice for health? Know all about wormwood juice uses here.
In Romanian folk medicine, we also find recipes with wormwood juice (Artemisia absinthium), which are very old and almost forgotten. However, given the amazing health benefits of wormwood, and its powerful antiparasitic, antimalaria, and antiviral properties, we felt the urge to share this information with you. Before we show you how to make wormwood juice for therapeutic use, here are the most notable health uses of wormwood juice.
In This Article You Will Find:
Health Uses of Wormwood Juice
Wormwood juice (Artemisia absinthium) is an amazing natural cure for cramps, in case of epilepsy, asthma, and headaches, but there are far more health uses of wormwood juice. The recommended dose is 1-2 teaspoons (depending on body weight) of juice in 75 ml of water 3-4 times a day, for 2-3 weeks. If you mix it with double-refined alcohol you can use the wormwood juice topically for swabbing wounds. Do not increase the recommended dose!
How to Make Wormwood Juice
Wormwood (Artemisia absinthium) is ideally harvested at the end of July, and the beginning of August. Folk healers harvested wormwood at the end of August when they believed its magical healing powers are at their peak.
Wash the wormwood leaves and flowers under a stream of hot water and mash them in a food processor, or blender, or pass them through a meat grinder. Squeeze the wormwood juice out of the mashed plant by hand, through a cheesecloth. Then add more distilled water over the squeezed plant (150 ml of distilled water over 1 kg of plant), leave to soak for an hour and squeeze once more, and mix the two juices together.
Leave for an hour before use. In order to preserve the wormwood juice better, mix it in a 1:1 ratio with raw honey and 1:10 parts double refined alcohol (10% of the total amount). You can use only raw honey if you want to avoid alcohol.
How to Use Wormwood Juice as Medicine – 4 Remedies
- Chronic Liver Conditions (hepatitis, alcoholic or chemical poisoning). Over the course of one week, drink one teaspoon of wormwood juice, diluted in 50 ml of water, 3 times a day, before meals. On the second and third weeks, up the dose by 1 tsp of juice (2 teaspoons in 50 ml of water, 3 times a day), and on the fourth, fifth, and sixth weeks have one tablespoon this time, the same way. After these 6 weeks, gradually replace the wormwood juice with fresh plantain, dandelion, or horsetail juice (made the same way).
- Insomnia. Add a spoonful of fresh wormwood juice and 1-2 spoons of raw honey to 150 ml of hot water. Dink 30 minutes before going to bed.
- Gynecological Problems, Mastopathy, Neurosis. Combine a spoonful of wormwood juice with a spoonful of peppermint juice and a spoonful of motherwort juice. Have one tablespoon of this combined juice three times a day, between meals, for three weeks.
- Convulsions, Epileptic Seizures, Nervousness, Asthma, Headaches. Drink 1-2 tablespoons of wormwood juice diluted in 75 ml of water, 3-4 times a day, after meals, for 2-3 weeks.
- Wounds. Mix one part of fresh wormwood juice with 4 parts of melted pork fat in a container. Leave to solidify in the fridge and use this salve for wounds, to prevent infection.
Wormwood Counterindications & Safety
The bitter principles in wormwood (Artemisia absinthium) give it exceptional healing properties. However, when used in high dosages, wormwood is toxic, it can cause agitation, hallucinations, loss of consciousness, and the abuse of wormwood drinks can even lead to mental disorders, memory loss, and nausea. Moreover, an active substance in the composition of wormwood can create addiction when used for more than a month.
Read Also: How to Make Wormwood Tea & Use at Home
For these reasons, wormwood treatments should not last longer than two-three weeks, followed by a 10-14 day pause, with very few exceptions. No more than six grams per day per adult should be used. Wormwood is not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women and very weak or elderly people. Please seek the advice of a specialist before using wormwood supplements, or follow the instructions on the leaflet.
Share on Pinterest ❤️