Delivering a child into the world may seem a painful and problematic matter to many women around the world.
However, if you’re using these simple home remedies for easy delivery, you will drastically ease the pains that come with labor and childbirth.
A normal delivery is a physiological process triggered at the end of the 9 months of pregnancy, when the baby is delivered naturally and without any complications. But labor can also be pathological, with complications for both mother and baby, or premature, spontaneous or induced.
The act of giving birth has 4 successive parts: the dilation of the cervix, delivering the baby, expelling the placenta and the first hours of confinement.
There are a few natural herbs and remedies that are especially good with childbirth and these are:
In This Article You Will Find:
3 Home Remedies for Easy Delivery
1. Remedy for Easy Delivery with Lady’s Bedstraw
This wonderful herb has been praised since ancient times by women who had uterus diseases, but is has also been successfully used for baby delivery.
The bed of the soon to be new mother was covered with a layer of lady’s bedstraw to help ease her labor pains.
It seems that the volatile oils from the herb were the ones who actually helped.
In case of labor pain, a great home remedy is warm lady’s bedstraw tea. It’s important that the soon to be mother drinks the tea while warm in small sips at a time, only 2-3 sips between the contractions.
- The way to prepare this tea is by scalding 1 tsp of this plant into a cup of hot water.
- Leave the tea to stay for 1 minute, strain it and it can be served.
Read More: 20 Foods to Eat for a Healthy Pregnancy Diet
2. Swedish Bitter Remedy for Easy Childbirth
It’s no news that Swedish Bitter is used for very many health conditions. But did you know that it’s one of the best home remedy for easy delivery?
With the help of Swedish Bitter the childbirth pains will be significantly reduced, the dilation will happen more rapidly and the delivery will be easier. This is how you can follow this natural remedy.
For the last 14 days of pregnancy, you’ll have to take 1 tbsp. of Swedish Bitter in the morning and another one in the evening.
- The placenta is expelled without any pains if you take 1 full tsp. of bitter every 2 hours.
- If you will experience post-natal pains here is what you have to do:
Take 1 tbsp. of bitter in red wine first thing in the morning for 3 days consecutively. Half hour after the bitter with wine take a short walk, you are ready to have breakfast. Avoid milk by all means.
- If you experience inflammations when the milk comes in, use poultice with bitter.
Make the poultice from a piece of cotton wool or from a clean piece of linen and drop just a few Swedish Bitter drops on it and apply on the inflamed area.
Leave it stay somewhere between 2 to 4 hours.
If you can bear it with ease, you can leave it on overnight, but it’s mandatory that you anoint the area with marigold balm before applying the poultice.
Here is how you can make the marigold balm at home:
3. Natural Marigold Balm Recipe
- Put 500 gr of clean rendered pork lard over fire and leave it to melt completely.
- When it starts to sizzle add 4 handfuls of finely chopped marigold plant (flowers, leaves and stems altogether).
- Mix well until and when it starts to foam take the pot off the fire, cover it and let it cool down until the next day.
- Next morning, heat the content just until you can pour it easily.
- Strain it through a clean gauze fabric and squeeze the plants well until there’s nothing left to pour.
- Pour the marigold balm into clean glass jars and seal them tight.
Mistletoe, a Great Home Remedy for Postpartum Hemorrhage
In case of postpartum hemorrhage, a great and simple home remedy is the mistletoe tea.
- Prepared the tea cold by adding 1 full tsp. of plant into 250 ml of cold water.
- Leave the tea to soak overnight.
- Next morning warm up the tea a bit and strain it.
- Drink 2-3 mistletoe teas a
It’s really important that you prepare the entire tea quantity for a day at once. Keep the tea warm in a thermos. Rinse the thermos with hot water so it is warm before you pour the tea in it.
We hope you’ll find these simple 3 home remedies for easy delivery useful. We wish you a pain-free labor and a healthy baby! Stay healthy, naturally!