If you are looking for simple and effective natural treatments for high cholesterol, continue reading this article and find out what they are. But first.
High cholesterol is one of this century’s biggest health issues and people around the world experience great difficulties in keeping their cholesterol levels in the optimum range of values. Cholesterol is a substance with a chemical structure of sterol that is part of the membranes that surround and protect the liver, spinal cord, brain, and other tissues. In addition, it is also found in plant foods, especially oilseeds and fruits or oils. According to studies, a large part of cholesterol is synthesized by the liver, and what is in excess is stored in the body, on the walls of blood vessels, over time leading to various diseases.
What Causes High Cholesterol?
High cholesterol levels may be the result of a sluggish spleen, liver, gallbladder, and even poor pancreas functioning. It can also be due to stress, tiredness, a bad diet, and poor eating habits. The best way to start a natural treatment for high cholesterol is to focus on your diet.
- Avoid fried and avoid fats and fatty foods.
- Avoid food additives and preservatives, smoking (both passive and active), ready meals from supermarkets, sugars, and sweets for at least 3-4 weeks.
If you can give some of these foods up for good, even better!
Food that Lower Cholesterol Naturally
- Veggie broths and natural sour soups.
- Lots of salads made with tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, onion, boiled potatoes with yogurt topping instead of oil.
- A maximum of 300 gr of meat per week, mostly fish, beef, or chicken, boiled only.
- Steamed veggies as a side dish to meat.
- Boil 30 beans, peel them and eat them 30 minutes before lunch. Continue this for 30 days.
- Have 2 cups of this heath speedwell infusion (1 tsp/cup) daily.
We have scattered old medicine books and brought to you some wonderful natural treatments for high cholesterol that can definitely help you, together with a few dietary and lifestyle changes.
12 Natural Treatments for High Cholesterol
1. Garlic Remedy for High Cholesterol
In addition to a low animal fat diet and no fatty meat, the garlic tincture cure will definitely give you a helping hand in overcoming this annoying and dangerous condition. The reason is that garlic tincture is one of the best natural treatments for high cholesterol. Prepare the garlic tincture at home, following this old recipe:
- Finely chop 200 g of garlic and place them in a bottle to soak in 750 ml of distilled wine (max 35% alcohol) for about two weeks.
- Make sure you close the bottle tight so no air comes out.
- Place the bottle in a warm place and shake it once every day.
After the two weeks have passed, filter the content of the bottle and have 15 drops of garlic tincture diluted in half a cup of water every morning right before breakfast time.
2. Walnut Oil Lowers Cholesterol Naturally
Walnuts oil is one of the most powerful natural treatments for high cholesterol. Here is how you can use this remedy at home.
- Take 2 tablespoons of cold-pressed walnut oil in the morning on an empty stomach for 10 days in a row, starting with the first day of the month.
After the 10 days, have a pause until the end of the month and start again with another 10 days of treatment. Repeat the treatment 5 times and you’ll see how the wonderful properties of the natural unsaturated fats help rebalance the cholesterol levels in the body.
3. High Cholesterol Remedy with Lemon Juice
Cut 1 lemon in half. Juice one half in a cup and the other one cut it into fine pieces. Boil it on low heat in 250 ml of water, in which you add 1 tsp. of sugar (you can use coconut sugar). Continue boiling until the peel starts to soften.
Strain the content and mix it well with the juice from half of the lemon. Split the quantity into two. Have one in the morning, 1 hour before breakfast, and the other one before lunch. Continue this natural remedy until your cholesterol levels have normalized. Also, take daily 1 hour-long walks or 30 minutes bike rides. This is one of the best natural treatments for high cholesterol, and so easy to make.
4. Carrot Juice Treatment for High Cholesterol
Another one of the most amazing natural treatments for high cholesterol is the carrot juice remedy. How to do it? Very simple.
- Drink every day ½ liter of fresh carrot juice divided into two cups (250 ml).
Drink one cup early in the morning, after waking up and the other before bedtime in the evening. Together with a clean and healthy diet, this natural remedy will work wonders for your overall health.
5. High Cholesterol Treatment with Whey
Another treatment that you can follow is a natural whey diet that implies drinking 2-3 cups of whey per day for a month’s period of time. Not only that the cholesterol levels will drop, but you will also feel the vivacity and joy of life once again.
Why? For those who didn’t know, whey is one of the most efficient natural treatments for high cholesterol. The reason is that it favors the increase in body mass at the expense of the fat tissue in the skin. Use organic whey if possible.
6. Rosemary Wine Recipe for High Cholesterol
If you suffer from high cholesterol, 2 shots of rosemary wine will do. Prepare the rosemary wine yourself as follows:
- Put 40 gr of rosemary flowers and leaves in 1 L of red wine.
- Leave the ingredients to macerate for 4 days.
Now the remedy is ready to use. Have a shot of the rosemary wine every day after meal. Follow this simple natural treatment for high cholesterol for 20 days. This is one of the most powerful natural treatments for high cholesterol.
7. Calendula & St. John’s Wort Remedies for High Cholesterol
This tea is a great replacement for soda drinks (which you should exclude completely from your diet). One of the best teas for high cholesterol is a mix of calendula flowers and St. John’s wort.
- Mix equal parts of the two plants.
- Add 1 tsp of this mix in 500 ml (2 cups) of hot water.
- Sweeten the tea with honey and drink it throughout the day.
You Can Find These Herbs Here
8. High Cholesterol Treatment with Mustard Seeds
Have 1 tsp of mustard seeds 30 minutes before the main meals, three times per day. Swallow the mustard seeds with a little bit of water, without chewing on them. The treatment lasts for 3-4 months. Mustard seeds help in case of constipation as well. You can replace them with whole wheat grains because they are also beneficial for high cholesterol. This is one of the most amazing natural treatments for high cholesterol.
9. Common Centaury Cure for High Cholesterol
One of the best bile stimulating teas is the common centaury tea, which makes it one of the best natural treatments for high cholesterol. You can prepare it as follows.
- Add 1 tsp of dried plant per 300 ml of boiling water.
- Leave it to infuse and split into 2 portions.
- Drink 1 portion in the morning and the other in the evening sip by sip.
- Drink this tea 30 minutes before mealtime.
Or you can use another amazing tea. Popularly known as milk thistle, Silybum marianum contains silymarin, a powerful natural decongestant for the internal organs. Prepare and drink it just like the common centaury one.
10. Artichoke Treatment for Cholesterol
Check your cholesterol analysis and then start the artichoke cure. You can find artichoke powder in naturist shops. Add 1 tsp of artichoke in 250 ml of boiled water and drink it first thing in the morning. Follow this 1-month cure and then run some tests again. You will be amazed by the results. This is one of the best natural treatments for high cholesterol.
11. Hawthorn Tea for High Cholesterol
Hawthorn tea is one of the most powerful natural treatments for high cholesterol. Prepare this miraculous by adding 1 teaspoon of dried hawthorn leaves and flowers per 1 cup of boiling water. Have one cup of this tea and drink it throughout the day. Follow the hawthorn tea for 3 weeks, pause for 1 week, and resume if necessary.
12. High Cholesterol Treatment with Lettuce Tincture
Another one of the best natural treatments for high cholesterol is lettuce tincture. Here is how to make it at home. Macerate 300-400 green medium-sized lettuce leaves in 500 ml of refined grains alcohol (50°). Leave 7 days to soak, shaking every once in a while. Strain the tincture. Have 30 drops, three times per day, together with heath speedwell or ribwort plantain tea.
Read Also: A Natural Remedy for High Cholesterol
Hopefully, you have found here some useful natural treatments for high cholesterol and diet tips that will help you lead a happy life again. Do not forget, no matter the condition, there is always a natural medicine from nature’s garden for you. Stay healthy, naturally!