Dental abscess is a painful condition that can affect anyone at any time.
Although in most cases patients see a dentist, which we also recommend, in some cases nature can help. Here are the most effective remedies for dental abscess.
In This Article You Will Find:
4 Natural Remedies for Dental Abscess
1. Clay, the Natural Remedy for Teeth Abscess
Until you get to see a dentist, appease the pain with clay.
- Make a simple poultice with a thick layer of cold clay.
- Apply it directly on the infected gum.
- Leave it on for the next couple of hours and the change it with a new one.
- Soak the clay in cold water or tea until you obtain a fine paste.
- Apply the paste between two pieces of gauze and it’s ready to go on the gum.
2. Simple Plum Remedy for Abscess
- Take the kernel out of a plum and use one half of the plum to place it directly on the abscess.
- Put a piece of warm polenta over the plum and wrap the treatment in place with a bandage.
- Change the poultice every morning.
- After you take off the old poultice wash the abscess with homemade plums brandy from the first boil.
This brandy is really strong and bitter so you shouldn’t drink it, but use it for natural remedies such as this one, for wound disinfection and anointing the rheumatic joints.
5 Home Remedies for Periodontal Abscess
6 Natural Remedies for Periodontitis
12 Home Remedies for Toothache that Work
3. Home Remedy for Dental Abscess with Honey
- Add a bit of honey in a metal pot so that you get a 3 cm thick layer of honey.
- Meanwhile, heat up a large nail until it turns red and put it in the honey.
- Honey will start to boil around the nail and it will form a reddish and thick mass.
- Remove the nail and use the red honey on the gum.
The dental abscess will go away in no time!
4. White Onion Remedy for Tooth Abscess
- Bake a few onion scale leaves in the oven until they turn yellowish.
- Place a few of these scales on the abscess and secure it in place.
Onion helps maturate the abscess. Use this bandage throughout the day. Take the bandage off in the evening.
- Make a simple paste with freshly grated onion, lard and white flower.
- Use this paste instead of the baked onion scales and put some coltsfoot leaves over the paste and bandage it in place.
- Next morning throw away the bandage and again, use baked onion scales to make a fresh bandage that you wear throughout the day.
In 2-3 at most, the abscess will be gone as well as the pain.