Although most doctors recommend surgery when it comes to dealing with adenoids, in some cases there is no need for such an intrusive solution. We have a few natural remedies for adenoids that might help. Check them out!
In This Article You Will Find:
5 Natural Remedies for Adenoids
1. Propolis & Horseradish Remedy for Adenoids
This is an amazing external treatment for adenoids. You can follow the propolis remedy while doing any or all of the other remedies below, there are no restrictions.
- Have 30% concentration propolis tincture three times per day (2 drops per 5 kg body mass).
- Use a piece of bread to drop the tincture onto and take it 15 minutes before the main meals of the day.
Grated horseradish and make a simple poultice. Apply it on the forehead. Repeat until the adenoids are gone.
2. Anise Macerate Adenoids Remedy
Perhaps the best remedy for adenoids is the anise macerate.
- Grind 15 g of anise seeds and mix with 100 ml of medicinal alcohol.
- Let the anise and the alcohol macerate somewhere dark for 10 days.
- Make sure you stir the macerate daily.
After 10 day, slip the content and mix with boiled and cooled water in 1:3 ratio (one part macerate, third parts water).
- Pour 10-15 anise macerate drops in each nostril, three time per day until the adenoids are gone.
3. Vitamin A, a Real Treatment for Adenoids
This is a very old and simple natural remedy for adenoids and it does like this.
- Pour the content of 1 Vitamin A ampoule in a 30 ml dark glass bottle.
- Fill the rest of the bottle up with paraffin oil.
- Stir the bottle really good before each use.
- Add 5 drops in each nostril and stay with your head bent way back so that the drops enter your throat.
- Lay in bed on the horizontal for approx. 10-15 minutes.
When you’re left without the mixture, make it again. Continue the treatment for 3 to 6 moths straight.
Read More: 3 Natural Treatments for Tonsillitis
4. Nasal Washes in the Morning
Add 1 teaspoon of salt into 1 liter of water and boil it for 10 minutes. Let the water cool down until it reaches body temperature.
Pour a little water in the scoop of your hand, occlude one nostril with the other hand and inhale the water on the free nostril so that it goes out on your mouth.
Alternate the two nostrils until you have used the entire water quantity. After both nostrils are well washed, add in each 2 drops of lemon juice.
Do the nasal wash in the morning and add the lemon drops afterwards.
5. Simple Inhalation Remedy for Adenoids
In the evening make inhalations with a few fir tree branches or 2-3 tablespoons of hyssop or inhalant from your local drug store. Add the plants or the inhalant in the boiling water, cover your head with a bath towel and try to inhale the steam all the way into your chest. Do this for 10 minutes every evening.
These are the most effective natural remedies for adenoids. We hope they will work for you as well!