Also known as lymph node, gland inflammation, adenitis is in most cases caused by bacterial infection in the lymph nodes.
There are different types of adenitis, depending on which lymph nodes is inflamed.
Here you have two wonderful natural remedies for adenitis that have worked for many patients so far.
2 Natural Remedies for Adenitis
1. Remedy for Chronic Submandibular Adenitis
You will need 50 gr of the best quality raw, unprocessed propolis from your local beekeeper. This means that the propolis should not be dissolved in alcohol, but in its raw form. Propolis is a very powerful natural antibiotic and at the same time a great way to boost up the immune system, which in case of adenitis is exactly what you need.
- Chew on a corn kernel sized propolis piece three times per day.
- Also, anoint the inflamed sub-mandibular node with St. John’s wort oil that you can buy from natural pharmacies.
Continue this remedy until the lymph node has healed completely, so be perseverant. You can resume the treatment any time you sense you are on the verge of catching a flu or any type of viral infection.
Read More: Home Remedy for Swollen Axillary Lymph Nodes
2. Retroauricular Adenitis Home Remedy
If left untreated, retroauricular adenitis can lead to mastoiditis and other complications, this is why the first thing you need to do is to consult a specialist. Bee bread is another amazing natural cure for adenitis, this time for the inflammation of the lymph nodes behind the ear.
- Before breakfast eat three bee bread beans along with 1 tsp. of honey with royal jelly. In case you don’t dispose of bee bread, replace it with pollen.
- After each meal take 2 tsp. of honey with propolis. You can make this special honey by adding 3 drops of propolis tincture in 2 tsp. of honey and mix.
- Rinse your mouth with a mix of 20 drops propolis tincture and 40 drops of water, two-three times per day, and then gargle. If you cannot gargle, embrocate your neck with a mix of equal parts of water and propolis tincture.
- Gargle 5-6 per day with a mix of water and apple vinegar (2 tsp. vinegar per cup of water). Again, if you find it impossible to gargle, embrocate the neck with the water and vinegar solution.
If the retroauricular adenitis was caused by candidiasis or staphylococcus infection, take a test after 10 days of this treatment to check the situation and continue the remedy for 10 more days to make sure you are healed completely.
- Embrocate the affected area with propolis tincture and then anoint it with a simple marigold balm without putting any pressure on the lymph nodes. Do this twice a day.
It’s also really important that you take care of your diet. Exclude from your diet sugar, fats and vinegar as well as sodas or citrus juices at least for a while.