Natural Painkillers for All Kinds of Pain
People have used natural painkillers to soothe their aches since ancient times. Back then they didn’t have any synthetic drugs the modern medicine has. So they made do with that they could.
Most of these natural pain relief remedies have been passed through word of mouth from generation to generation. Today we are happy to still have them and share them with you.
The most potent herbs for pain relief and inflammation are available in herbal stores. Hence, it’s easy to DIY pain relievers at home with simple instructions. Some can even be purchased and used as is.
Here are the most amazing remedies for pain relief, from head down.
In This Article You Will Find:
14 Natural Painkillers for Every Pain
1. Mustard Seeds – Natural Painkiller for Headaches
This is a very ancient remedy for relieving headaches.
- Add 2 tsp of mustard seeds in a small basin of hot water.
- Put your feet in the basin. Be careful not to burn yourself. At the same time try to bare the water temperature as hot as possible.
- Roll your feet on the mustard seeds back and forth for 5-10 minutes.
Headaches usually fade after this time. If your headache is caused by stress, drink a valerian root tea. Valerian is known for its sedative and calming effects for the nervous system.
2. Poppy Seeds – Natural Painkiller for Ear Pains
Simmer 7 poppy seeds in ½ cup of milk for 30 minutes.
Let it cool down and the pour the milk in a small mist sprayer bottle. Spray it in the ear that causes you pain.
3. Clove Oil – Natural Pain Relief for Toothache
Did you know that dentists actually use a tincture based on cinnamon and clove oil to soothe toothaches?
Clove is the best known painkiller for tooth pain. If you have cloves available in you condiment drawer, put one where you feel the pain.
If it is an area, try spraying some clove oil or even mix clove oil with cinnamon oil. Cinnamon is one of the best natural antibiotics you can find.
4. Honey Syrup – Natural Painkillers for Sore Throat
This is a DIY pain relief.
To prepare it you need to mix:
- 70% honey, 15% natural pine buds syrup, and 15% soft propolis extract (70%).
- In total, you will get 100 g.
- Mix all the ingredients very well in a glass jar. Have 4-5 tsp halves every 2-3 hours.
For best results, swallow the honey mix as slow as possible so it lingers in the painful area in your throat. After the treatment, don’t drink or eat anything for the next hour. Before taking it, always stir well.
Usually the honey treatment for sore throat soothes the strep throat in 1 day.
However, it is best to continue with the treatment until the entire composition is finished.
5. Raw Potatoes – Painkiller Remedy for Stomach Pain
One of the best natural stomach ache painkillers is the basic potato.
Eat a walnut sized piece of raw potato first thing in the morning for a months’ time. Next month eat two raw potatoes the size of a walnut. The third month eat an egg-sized potato the same way.
It is an acquired taste, but it has helped patients suffering from severe stomach pain caused by gastritis.
During this time, avoid alcohol, smoking as well as pork meat and delis. If it’s too rough for you, try drinking 100 ml of potato and cabbage juice first thing in the morning, 30 minutes before breakfast.
Potato is a stomach linen band-aid, amazing for stomach ache caused by gastritis. It is very important to use organically grown potatoes because the conventionally grown store a lot of pesticides in them, loading the body with more toxins on the long run.
6. Dandelion Tea – Natural Painkillers for Liver Pain
Your liver is the natural filter of the body. We change our car filters more often than we clean our own filters. Liver pain is your liver’s cry for help!
And it means two things.
You liver cannot make do with the amount of toxicity in your body. Your life choices aren’t supporting it. Basically your liver is suffering. That is why now it’s high time to tend to the needs of your liver.
Dandelion is known for its natural liver detox properties. Drink as much dandelion tea as possible and dandelion salad in your leafy green salad. Make the tea as follows:
- Put a tsp of dandelion root in a cup of cold water overnight.
- Heat the tea up the next morning and turn it off when it starts to simmer.
- Drink half sip by sip, 30 minutes before breakfast and then the rest of the tea 30 minutes after.
In addition to the tea, a mild liver cleanse would be the best painkiller at the moment.
Liver Cleaning Diet
Avoid eating junk food, packaged foods, fried foods, white sugar, and avoid gluten, dairy products and pork for the moment.
Beware of GMO foods, such as corn and soy, that are almost all genetically modified. Alcohol and soda are extremely damaging for the liver too. Even coffee is extremely dehydrating and doesn’t help.
Drink plenty of water, lemon water, fresh aloe vera juice (made by blending aloe vera gel with water).
Have a bountiful of fruits, the sweeter the better: bananas, medjool dates, figs, papaya, mangoes, apples, pears, cherries, wild blueberries are healing foods for the liver.
Leafy greens like spinach, butter lettuce, dandelion, kale, arugula are your liver’s best friends. Organic raw honey is also healing for the liver.
Eat as much raw as possible as well as steamed vegetables like Brussels sprouts, asparagus and artichokes, potato.
I insisted here because the liver is your natural barrier against the most damaging pathogens out there. The liver feels how you feel and it soaks up negative emotions not just toxins.
Meditate, express gratitude, go in nature as much as possible and focus on how the liver is feeling better and better each day. When you have liver aches, you need to support it more than ever.
7. Licorice Root Tincture – Natural Painkillers for Menstrual Cramps
- Take 1 tsp of licorice tincture in half a glass of water, 2-3 times a day.
- Except the period days, take the tincture for at least a month to see the best results.
Licorice tincture is easy to find in most naturist stores or online. Make sure it is the best quality alcohol-free licorice root tincture you can find. Young raspberry shoots extract is also amazing for period cramps.
8. Hot Peppers – Natural Lower Back Pain Relief (Sciatica Pain)
Finely chop 18 red hot peppers and put them in a jar. Pour 100 ml of 40° homemade plum moonshine. You can use other brandy made from fruit, but with the same strength. Make sure it is a high-quality spirit.
Close the lid and let the peppers macerate for the next 10 days, close to a moderate heat source. Direct sunlight is usually the best spot. Strain and store in small dark colored glasses.
Use a cotton pad to apply on the painful areas. This is best done at night, before going to bed. This painkiller usually acts quick and the pain doesn’t return.
To prevent skin irritations, rub in some natural marigold ointment before padding the hot pepper tincture.
9. Burdock Cream – Natural DIY Pain Relief for Arthritis
Rheumatoid arthritis is just another illness that modern medicine doesn’t have a cure for, but a label.
Arthritis pain are a sign of inflammation in the body, either caused by pathogens that wreak havoc or the result of physical injury.
Burdock is a powerful detox herb, amazing for arthritis pain.
This is a DIY painkiller and this is what you have to do:
- Boil 3-4 tbsp of chopped burdock root in 500 ml of water until the water quantity drops to half.
- In a clay pot mix the burdock decoction with 2 cups pork or goose lard.
- Cover the pot with a thick layer of bread dough and put the pot in the heated oven.
- Keep it there overnight (the oven should not be turned on overnight, just hot).
Use the water that gathers at the surface of the pot for feet baths.
Apply the burdock root cream on the areas that are painful, cover them with a cotton fabric or large cotton pads. Keep it overnight.
Wrap a tight bandage around so it won’t fall off while you sleep.
10. Salt Baths – Natural Pain Relief for The Feet
- Take a 10 minutes hot (37°C) feet bath.
- Add a handful of sea salt into the basin before you put your feet in.
- Afterwards, rub your feet with lemon juice.
- Make a special oil for feet massage by mixing equal parts of St. John’s wort and yarrow oils.
Marigold, common comfrey and camphor oil cream are also amazing for pain relieving feet massage. Drink rose hip, dandelion leaves, horsetail, cowslip and shepherd’s purse teas to compliment the feet bath.
This is an effective pain relief for feet pain, indiferent of the cause.
11. Common Comfrey – Natural Heel Painkiller
If you can procure fresh common comfrey leaves that would be great. But dried leaves are also OK.
- Put 300 gr in a pot with 5 l of water and leave to soak for 24 h.
- Bring the pot to a boil. After it has cooled down, pour it in a basin.
- Put your heel/s in for 20-30 minutes.
- Don’t throw the medicinal water away afterwards.
- Next day, reheat it and use it the same.
Then you can dispose of it and make a new one with a fresh batch of common comfrey leaves.
Continue every day for 3 weeks.
12. Cabbage Leaf – Natural Painkillers for Muscle Pain
Cabbage leaf is a very effective painkiller for all sorts of aches, from muscle pain to joint pain and even head or neck aches. Use a roller pin to slightly crush a cabbage leaf until the juices slightly come out.
Apply the cabbage leaf on the tender muscles and secure it in place with a cling foil or a piece of gauze.
For best results, keep the cabbage leaf overnight. Make a new one and continue until the muscle pain is completely gone.
13. Yarrow Cataplasm – Bone Fracture Natural Pain Reliever
- Grind a handful of yarrow into a fine powder. Scald it in 100 ml of hot water and use the paste to make a cataplasm.
- Apply the cataplasm on the fracture.
- Wrap cling foil around it to secure it in place.
- Then cover once again in a cotton towel.
In addition to the yarrow powder cataplasm, massage the area with marigold balm and lavender or eucalyptus oils.
You can make an oil mix with equal parts of the two and use it to friction the area of the fracture.
14. Caraway Seeds – Natural Painkillers for Baby Stomach Pain
- Make a simple caraway seeds tea by pouring 1 cup of hot water over ½ tsp of seeds.
- Cover for 10 minutes and slip.
Take 1-2 tbsp several times a day.
Anise tea is also amazing for soothing baby tummy aches caused by gas. You can sweeten the tea with raw honey when it has cooled down.
This makes it even more pleasant for the baby to drink it.
Simple Natural Painkillers You Didn’t Know Existed
- Cat Therapy. Cats can absorb the negative energies and the tension inside the body. If you have a cat around, allow her to wrap around your neck, as a natural neckband. The cat’s fur has a weak electric charge that stimulates the active areas around the shoulders. The heat a cat emanates is relaxing and soothing and petting a cat helps strengthen the immune system.
- Water. A very common cause for headache is dehydration. In fact, headache is one of the first signs of severe dehydration. As plain as it sounds, drinking water consistently throughout the day will save you the headache for the day.
- Dietary Fats. Headaches can also be caused by an overburdened gallbladder and a weak liver. This headache usually happens after eating a fatty meal. Eating plenty fresh fruits and vegetables and cutting down on both animal and plant fats is key in this situation.
- Chiropractic Adjustment. Is many cases, a back, neck or even knee pain is caused by a pinched nerve in the spine. To make sure this isn’t your case, look for the best chiropractic around and set for an appointment. Even headaches can be caused by a pressured nerve. Chiropractic adjustments are not painful at all and if you go to a professional, they are completely safe. It’s best trying.
- Anti-Inflammatory Diet. In most cases pain is the underlying symptom of an inflammation in the body. Following an anti-inflammatory diet coupled by natural antibiotics is at times all you need to fix the root cause of body pain. I have written a complete article on the Most Effective Natural Antibiotics and how to take them. Also, here is an article where you will see what an anti-inflammatory diet is and how to rid the body of inflammation.
Pain Is Not the Problem, But The Symptom
Modern medicine takes symptoms separately and addresses each with a different drug.
But working on the symptoms is not the same as fixing the cause. Physical pain is just your body’s mechanism to draw your attention that there’s is a problem that needs fixing. Nothing more.
Pay attention to the body and try to see what message it wants to send to you. Listen to your body, listen to your heart and understand that you’re in this together.
Trust and have hope that things happen for a reason. And while the road is bumpy and at times you feel like giving up, accept it for what it is.
Then you’ll feel it is smoother, straighter and not that difficult to walk on. In the hopes that the you’ve found here what you were looking for, stay healthy!