Otomastoiditis is perhaps the second most common ear infection after otitis and it is the infection of the inflammation of the ear and the mastoid process, the hollow hard bony process of temporal bone felt immediately behind the ear.
Here are 2 home remedies for otomastoiditis that really work.
However, an infection is usually caused by a virus or bacteria. The best approach for otomastoiditis, as with any infection is to address the cause. For this, we have a thorough article on the strongest natural antibiotics, that we highly recommend that you read.
In addition, an anti-inflammatory diet will support the healing efforts. Yes, our bodies are meant to heal on their own, naturally. All they need is a little support, with what we put into our body and minds.
In This Article You Will Find:
2 Home Remedies for Otomastoiditis
1. Olive Oil & Propolis, the Natural Otomastoiditis Remedy
- Mix together 2 drops of olive oil and 1 drop of mild propolis extract in a water heated teaspoon.
- Pour this simple mix in the hurting ear and go directly to bed.
- Have twice a day a mix of 40 drops of propolis extract and 50 drops of water.
- Have 2 teaspoons of honey with royal jelly, two times per day.
This is it!
2. Alcohol Rub, a Simple Otomastoiditis Remedy
- Pour 80° alcohol into a small 50 ml bottle and add over it 10% water, so that it dilutes.
- Use a cotton bud to clean the interior of your ear.
- Take another cotton bud and use your fingers to make a small topknot by pulling the top up.
- Soak it in the alcohol mix and introduce it into the infected ear, until it reaches the sore.
Make a small ear plug so that you don’t get water inside when showering.
Attention! Don’t stand up when doing this, it may give you the dizziness sensation! Don’t try to dry the ear with another cotton bud, just leave it to dry on its own and only repeat the procedure if necessary.
This home remedy for otomastoiditis will definitely do the trick for you, but ask your doctor before anything else!
Read More: Natural Treatment for Mastoiditis
Anti-Inflammatory Diet for Otomastoiditis
This diet works well with any body inflammation and infections. What it does, is support the immune system fight pathogens and heal the body.
- Foods to Avoid: junk food, packaged foods, fried foods, white sugar, and avoid gluten, dairy products and pork for the moment. Beware of GMO foods, such as corn and soy, that are almost all genetically modified. Alcohol and soda are extremely damaging too. Even coffee is extremely dehydrating and doesn’t help.
- Food to Eat: fresh fruits, the sweeter the better: bananas, medjool dates, figs, papaya, mangos, apples, pears, cherries, wild blueberries etc. Leafy greens like spinach, butter lettuce, dandelion, kale, arugula are your immune system’s best friends. Organic raw honey is also healing. Eat as much raw as possible as well as steamed vegetables like Brussel sprouts, asparagus and artichokes, potato.
Drink plenty of water, lemon water, fresh aloe vera juice (made by blending aloe vera gel with water) and celery juice. They are medicinal juices, very anti-inflammatory.