The Best Remedies for Hyperthyroidism
Hyperthyroidism is such a widely-spread condition and at the same time such a mysterious one. Modern medicine can easily diagnose it, but can rarely treat it without intrusive surgical interventions. This is why, more and more patients look for natural remedies for hyperthyroidism.
Here we want to share with you a few remedies for hyperthyroidism that have helped people and are used by herbal doctors around the world. Before following any home remedy here, we advise you to consult with a doctor.
After thorough research I personally believe that hyperthyroidism, as well as all mysterious thyroid problems are caused by viruses.
In This Article You Will Find:
The True Hyperthyroidism Cause
In his book, Medical Medium, Anthony Williams explains that hyperthyroidism is caused by the Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV). In fact, he says that 95% of all thyroid related conditions are caused by EBV, which he calls “the thyroid virus”.
According to him, thyroid conditions triggers are:
- EBV toxic load in the liver;
- Long term thyroid medication,
- Liver toxicity: pesticides, insecticides, solvents and heavy metals in the liver,
- Exposure to mold, carpet cleaners or fresh paint
- High fat diet and processed foods
All these triggers lower the immune system, allowing for the EBV to create havoc. But there’s more.
When we’re exposed to extreme stress over a long period of time it’s when the EBV virus starts to become active and attacks the thyroid.
Stress is the ultimate immune system suppressor.
The Best Diet for Hyperthyroidism
The best hyperthyroidism diet is the one that supports the immune system and at the same time starves the viruses. Until you’re fully recovered, it’s best to stay away from the foods in the list below and munch on healing foods.
Once the inflammation is gone, you can have some of these foods back, but generally speaking, a healthy diet is an anti-inflammatory diet. Always.
Food to Avoid for Hyperthyroidism
- Soy (most soy is GMO)
- Corn (most corn is GMO)
- Canola oil (most canola is GMO)
- Meat (especially pork and processed meat)
- Fried foods and junk foods
- Food additives and preservatives (including sodium monoglutamate, aspartame, acesulfam k, and other artificial sweeteners, nitrates, food coloring, citric acid, etc
- Processed sugars (white sugar, corn syrup, high fructose syrup etc)
- Flax seeds are not recommended
Healing Foods for Hyperthyroidism
- Celery juice first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach (you can drink or 20 minutes later)
- Lemon water
- Fresh fruits (wild blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, apples, pears, plums, peaches, watermelon, cherries, papaya, pitaya, pineapple, oranges, lemons, including the sweetest fruits such as grapes, bananas, dates, figs etc)
- Fresh vegetables (tomatoes, bellpepper, eggplant, zucchini, asparagus, artichokes, carrots, squash, peas and beans, onion, garlic etc)
- Leafy greens (fresh spinach, butter lettuce, arugula, burdock, nettle etc,)
- Potatoes and sweet potatoes
- Rice (especially brown rice)
- Healthy fats from nuts and seeds (in reduced amounts and preferably only at lunch or dinner; have plenty fresh fruit at breakfast)
- Herbal teas (lemon balm, passion fruit, nettle, licorice, wild thyme, mint, chamomile etc)
- Honey, dates/date syrup and coconut blossom sugar are healthy sweeteners.
Natural Supplements for Hyperthyroidism
- Dandelion juice – 2×200 ml/day
- Green barley fresh/powder juice – 3×50 ml/day
- Hemp seeds – 2 tsp/day
- Sage powder – 3×1 tsp/day
- Alfalfa powder – 3×1 tsp/day
- Hot pepper powder – 2 pinches/day
- Yarrow tincture – 4×30 drops/day
- Valerian tincture – 20-20-40 drops/day (morning, afternoon, evening)
- Burdock tincture – 3×30 drops/day
- Propolis tincture – 2×15 drops/day
- Pollen – 2×1 tsp/day (morning, afternoon, evening)
- Bee bread – 2×1 tsp/day (after meals)
- Vegetal charcoal – 2×1 tsp/day for 1 month; then 10 days/month
- B Vitamin Complex – B6 and B12 vitamins are especially effective in treating hyperthyroidism. These vitamins are naturally encountered in brewers’ yeast. Avoid artificial Vitamin B complex, especially folic acid. They can create a havoc on your endocrine system.
6 Natural Home Remedies for Hyperthyroidism
1. Oats & Herbal Tea Remedy for Hyperthyroidism
Bring to boil 1 l of water with 2 tbsp oat kernels ground (with husk). Let the oat boil for 10 minutes. Beware! Oat makes a foam just like milk, so stay close to the pot. Then add 2 tbsp of lady’s bedstraw (Galium verum). Cover the pot and take it off the stove. After 20-30 minutes, strain the tea. Drink the entire quantity in a day, in 3 portions after meals.
In addition, in the evening prepare an infusion with 1 tsp St. John’s wort and 1 tsp of goosefoots in 300 ml water. Drink it 1 hour before you go to sleep.
Follow this treatment for 6 weeks, then pause for 2 weeks. Depending on your results, resume the remedy a few times if necessary.
Eat as much garlic as you can, it helps with hyperthyroidism.
2. Incense Extract Cure for Hyperthyroidism
Some studies have shown that incense extract (minimum 30% boswellic acid) regulates the thyroid function. It has a positive influence in iodine metabolization and in reducing thyroid inflammation. Incense extract is recommended for hyperthyroidism.
The recommended dosage is 0.4 g of incense extract two times per day, in 90 days long cures. Pause for 15 days and resume if needed.
3. A Remedy for Hyperthyroidism with Licorice
This herbs has a powerful metabolic regulation action, soothing the thyroid. It is highly recommended for patients who also experience weight loss, weakness and dryness of the skin.
Licorice is also great for women who have hyperthyroidism and experience ovarian imbalances. By this we mean reduced female characteristics. For hyperthyroidism licorice tincture is the best remedy.
- Have a tsp 4 times a day, in 15 days long treatments, with 7 days of pause.
- Resume if needed.
4. Natural Treatment with Griffonia Extract
The extract from this plant is especially useful in treating hyperthyroidism patients who experience emotional instability, anxiety, aritmia, insomnia, nervous hyperexcitability etc. It brings calm and peace and helps soothe the nervous system.
The recommended Griffonia extract capsules dosage is 2 a day, one in the morning and the other in the evening.
5. Royal Jelly Remedy for Hyperthyroidism
This natural food stimulates the regeneration of the nervous system cells and a better coordination of the vegetative system. It also has a powerful antidepressant action, helping hyperthyroidism patients who react negatively.
The recommended dosage in this treatment is ½ tsp of fresh royal jelly a day (2 g) in the morning.
Continue the treatment for 45 days. Pause for a minimum of two weeks and then resume.
6. Powerful Tea Remedy for Hyperthyroidism
Mix together the following herbs:
- Lady’s bedstraw – whole plant (Galium verum) – 40g
- Hawthorn – leaves and flowers (Crataegus monogyna) – 40g
- Horsetail – whole plant (Equiseti herba) – 40g
- Seed of Horus – flowering tips (Ballota nigra) – 30g
- Cowslip – rhizome and root (Primula officinalis) – 30g
- Motherwort – whole plant (Leonurus cardiaca) – 20g
- Red clover – flowers (Trifolium pratense) – 20g
- Shepherd’s purse – whole plant (Capsella bursa-pastoris) – 20g
- Lemon balm – whole plant (Melissa officinalis) – 20g
- Sage – leaves (Salvia officinalis) – 20g
- Gypsywort – whole plant (Lycopus europaeus) – 20g
- Lily of the valley – leaves and flowers (Convallaria majalis) – 20g
- Valerian – rhizome and root (Valeriana officinalis) – 20g
Prepare a tea by infusing 1 full ts of this herbal mix in 250 ml hot water for 3 minutes. Drink 2 cups a day. In each cup, add 30 drops of organic Swedish bitter.
Another herbal remedy for hyperthyroidism is with these 3 plants:
- Fenugreek seeds (Trigonella foenum-graecum) – 30g
- Licorice rhizome and root (Glycyrrhiza glabra) – 30g
- Angelica root (Angelica archangelica) – 20g
With this herb mix, make a cold tea as follows. Add 1 tsp in 250 ml of cold water and let it soak for 8 hours.
Strain and heat up just a little bit. Drink 2 cups/day. Again, add 30 drops of organic Swedish bitter tincture to each cup.
Natural Recommendations for Hyperthyroidism
- Cold compress with fir needles (4 tbsp fir needles boiled in 500 ml of water for 5 minutes) applied overnight.
- Swedish bitter tincture poultice applied on the neck; apply a fine layer of marigold balm before applying the compress; hold it in place for 1 hour every day, then 3 poultices/week.
- Comfrey herb, salt water and clay poultices are also effective in hyperthyroidism.
Heavy Metal Detox
When suffering from hyperthyroidism, a holistic approach is detoxifying the body from heavy metals (mercury, copper, aluminium etc). Heavy metals deposits in the body create a perfect environment for pathogens to strive. When you add stress to the picture, it’s a recipe for disaster. Now that you know, you have the power to take over and regain your health back!
A simple heavy metal detox smoothie recipe this:
- 1 cup wild blueberries,
- 2 ripe bananas,
- 1 cup fresh coriander,
- 2 tbsp spirulina,
- 1-2 tsp green barley juice powder
- 2 tbsp Atlantic Dulse algae.
Juice Cures for Hyperthyroidism
Home Remedies for Thyroid Nodules
Natural Treatment for Hypothyroidism
Natural Treatment for Thyroid Problems
Fresh veggies and fruit juices is amazing for cleansing your body and killing off pathogens. Lemon juice, celery juice, apple juice, leafy green juice, dandelion and green barley powder juices are amazing.
In addition, make aloe vera water from fresh aloe vera leaf for a thorough cleanse of the whole digestive tract.
Eat as much raw fruits and veggies as possible. It really does make a difference. It does have an impact on the good functioning of the thyroid, all body parts are connected with one another!
Stress, Thyroid’s #1 Enemy
Stress is the main trigger for all disease. When we’re under severe stress over prolonged periods of time, our body is in fight or flight. This means, it cannot tend all the other body functions, because it has to protect you and stay on guard 24/7.
Adrenaline and cortisol levels are so high, that the immune system drops down and all pathogens that live inside your body are ready to create havoc. When you worry you do make it double. Know that hyperthyroidism can be cured, but be willing to change bad habits and take full responsibility for your health. You can heal yourself!
Here are some amazing natural remedies for stress.
Connect with Nature
Go into the woods, enjoy a walk barefoot in the park, get a pet. Anything that reconnects your with your true nature is of tremendous help. Nature is an amazing therapy for all disease, including hyperthyroidism. It lowers stress because it teaches us to be more grounded in the present moment.
Be like wind, be like water and be like earth, allow for what is without putting up resistance.
Oftentimes, diseases only show us the battles that we have with ourselves. Are you willing to give up this fight and love yourself truly, unconditionally, courageously? You can do it!
The Spiritual Lesson Behind Hyperthyroidism
Thyroid a beautiful butterfly-shaped gland located in the middle of the neck. It is directly related to the throat chakra. That is the chakra of communication and speaking our truth.
What are the things that you actually say about yourself? Are it loving? Do they speak the truth about yourself? If not, are you willing to change them with something positive?
What would it take you to speak the truth about yourself?
About your divine nature, unconditionally supported and loved by the universe. Yes, that is you! It only takes courage speak out how you truly feel. Truth will set you free. And if you want to get to your truth, you first need to see the untruth that’s dwelling inside. Seek the truth in your heart. That loving voice of intuition. Tune in to your intuition, because that’s where truth lies.
Shout all the negative out and let it go! It’s only up to you to heal, once you take responsibility to speak your truth! Don’t hold on to what doesn’t serve you. You are a truly blessed being, don’t forget that!