Collagenous colitis is a type of microscopic colitis.
Microscopic colitis is the type of colitis that can only be identified by examining colon cells under a microscope. There are two types of microscopic colitis: collagenous and lymphocytic colitis.
In patients with collagen colitis, a collagen layer covers the tissues of the colon. This condition manifests as any type of ulcerative colitis, episodically – through disease attacks that alternate with remission episodes.
In This Article You Will Find:
Symptoms of Collagenous Colitis
Collagen colitis has different manifestations from patient to patient, but the most common symptoms are:
- Chronic diarrhea (between 4-20 bowel movements/day, with or without blood)
- Abdominal pain and cramps
- Weight loss
- Nausea, vomiting
- Fecal incontinence
While considered an autoimmune disease by the medical community, which translates cause and treatment unknown, collagenous colitis can be actually cured. Through my research I understood there is no such thing as autoimmune disease, but disease that the medical community doesn’t yet understand. For this, I recommend you to look into Anthony William’s Medical Medium books. They are eye-opening and put disease such as collagenous colitis into a whole new perspective.
Collagenous colitis can be healed. You have to trust and know this. Nature has some amazing remedies for colitis. Here are 2 very old home remedies that have proven their efficiency in time. We hope this is helpful to you!
2 Home Remedies for Collagenous Colitis
1. Gizzard Cuticle Remedy for Colitis
Use the inner yellow linen of the inside of the chicken gizzard, the one that you can easily remove as a peel. Dry and grind it in the coffee grinder.
- First day of treatment, have 1 tsp of the powder.
- If you still have a too soft stool next day, take 2 tsp of the powder.
- Take 3 tsp of this powder the third day if you didn’t see any improvements yet.
Although it tastes bitter, most people say that 1 tsp of this powder is enough to stop the collagenous colitis from bothering you.
2. Collagenous Colitis Remedy with Goat Rennet & Cow Cheese
This is how you make this cottage cheese at home.
- Boil 1 l of water on low heat and after a few boils, add 8 calcium lactate tablets.
- Stir continuously until the milk breaks apart.
- Use a cheesecloth to strain the liquid out of the fresh cheese you’ve just made.
- After most of the liquid has drained, you now how a unfermented cheese.
- Have a few tablespoons of this cheese, mixed with 1 tbsp of goat rennet in it.
One tbsp of natural goat rennet daily is enough to see results.
Diet Recommendations for Collagenous Colitis
In case of collagenous colitis, you’ll need to take care of what you eat as well. Have lots of unsalted boiled rice, boiled carrots, oven dried bread, soups and a bit of yogurt (that helps restore the intestinal flora).
Avoid fried foods, greasy foods, meats, deli. Have plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, stay out in the sun, enjoy nature and stress less. Stay healthy, naturally!