Hemorrhoids and the pain caused by them is really unpleasant and distracting.
The thing is hemorrhoids don’t just go away with magical pills and surgery, this is why we have gathered here some of the best natural remedies for hemorrhoids for you.
Look them up and choose one that you find more handy and easier to do.
In This Article You Will Find:
8 Best Natural Remedies for Hemorrhoids
1. Sodium Permanganate, Remedy for Hemorrhoids
Sodium permanganate is known for “burning” and deactivating external hemorrhoids if you use it properly.
- Dissolve a half teaspoon of sodium permanganate in 200 ml of distilled water. Women should protect their urogenital parts with a cotton pad.
- Have a 1-5 minutes sitz bath with the anal parts only.
- It is recommended that you take these baths three times per day, in the morning, afternoon and in the evening.
Beware! The first few baths on active hemorrhoids will be quite painful, but the intensity will decrease in the next 8-10 days of treatment until they vanish completely. When the pain is over, the treatment is over.
One preparation can be used for 8-10 baths and beware: it stains! After each defecation wash the area with water and soap and do not wipe with toilet paper, since it irritates. Avoid foods that cause constipation, such as spicy foods. Highly recommended are dried plums before bedtime.
2. Natural Remedy for Hemorrhoids with Lady’s Bedstraw
Lady’s bedstraw is a plant that grows in hills and mountains areas is used to prepare ointments that help those suffering from hemorrhoids. This ointment is also extremely useful in other veins related pains, such as varicose veins and others and you prepare is as follows.
- Gather a few lady’s bedstraw strains with leaves and wash them well.
- Pass them through the juicer and them and then mix the obtained juice with unsalted butter.
- Mix them well together until you get this homogenous paste, that has the texture of a cream.
- Smear the hemorrhoids with this lady’s bedstraw based ointment twice a day in the morning and in the evening.
However, don’t forget to wash very well before using this ointment and also use an antibacterial soap or solution.
3. Herbal Teas Mix for Hemorrhoids
Mix together 2 tbsp. codlins-and-cream, 4 tbsp. yarrow and 1 tbsp. of shepherd’s-purse. Add 1 tbsp. of this herbal mix into 250 ml of hot water.
Have one cup of this tea before every meal sweetened with honey. If you have bleeding hemorrhoids boil 2-3 gr of wood avens in 250 ml of water and drink 2 cups per day.
For very painful hemorrhoids make a combination of horsetail and yarrow in equal parts.
Make an infusion with 1 tsp. of the mix per 250 ml of hot water and drink 2 cups daily. Use the remaining herbs to apply compresses directly on the hemorrhoids.
4. Fern Remedy for Hemorrhoids
Dig out a fern root, wash it well and take out it’s core (that has a yellow-ish coloration). Leave it to dry and then grind it until you obtain a flour. Sift it and mix it with rendered pork or sheep lard making a natural ointment.
Apply the balm while sitting on the toilet, because when you get up, the anus tends to retreat inside.
5. Velvet Plant Cure for Hemorrhoids
Add 1 tbsp. of dries velvet plant flowers in hot water and boil them for 10 minutes. Slip and drink the tea while warm, 2-4 times per day. Sweeten the tea with honey, never with sugar or saccharin, which lead to constipation.
The bleeding usually goes away in 2-5 days and the disease in 10-15 days. This natural remedy is highly effective even with advanced stages of hemorrhoids. This is very popular old remedy from the Ural Mountains.
6. Herbal Sitz Baths for Hemorrhoids
Locally grown chamomile, horsetail, yarrow and oak bark baths are highly recommended with hemorrhoids. However, a highly effective remedy for hemorrhoids is the birthwort sitz bath.
Prepare the bath as follows:
- Boil on medium heat 4-5 tbsp. of birthwort in 3 L of water.
- 10 minutes before the boiling is done, add 1 handful of wheat bran into the pot.
- When the water drops to half, strain the content and use the water for a 15-minute sitz bath.
- After the bath, stay for 10 minutes without whipping, but leave the affected areas to dry on their own, so that the cure is efficient.
- Afterwards, make some natural suppositories with finely grated parsley root and fresh, natural and unsalted butter.
- Make small suppositories and put them in the fridge so that they harden and get ready to use.
You can also try to alternate this herbal sitz baths with wormwood and chamomile, ash, marigolds, yarrow, linden and common comfrey.
7. Ash Tree Remedy
Make fresh ash leaves juice and drink 1 shot 3 times per day sweetened with honey. Immediately after, have a cup of warm water. This is a long-term treatment.
8. Carob Brandy Remedy
Add 150 gr of well grated carobs (Serata Siliquia) into 1 L of 40° alcohol. Leave to macerate in a warm place for the following 10 days. Have 2 shots of this natural remedy daily, before meals. Don’t consume any other type of alcohol while on this cure. Stay healthy, naturally!