Are you looking to lose weight?
If so, we are going to share with you 5 natural remedies for weight loss from the Far East that work. Still, if you want to lose weight and keep it off, you need a complete lifestyle change.
Going on and off diets is not an option, because the weight comes back on, in most cases. In addition to a proper diet, rich in vitamins and nutrients and low in fats and sugars, oriental remedies for weight loss can help you out.
These remedies for weight loss are made from herbs, plants and spices that stimulate digestion and boost your metabolism to burn energy faster.
They have been used for centuries in India, China and in the Arab countries, but you can find them in local naturist stores around the world.
Here we go!
Natural Remedies for Weight Loss from India
1. Guggul (Commiphora mukul) for Weight Loss
Key ingredient in Ayurvedic medicine, recommended in many conditions, including obesity, guggul contains a natural substance that lowers cholesterol and stimulates the immune system.
This substance is also known to aid in weight loss due to its property in improving the functioning of the thyroid gland.
As you may know, thyroid hormones are essential for keeping an alert metabolism, dictating how many calories you burn, at the end of the day.
How to use Guggul for weight loss:
- You can use it as extract, dietary supplement or raisin.
- If you want to use Guggul raisin, have 1/4 tsp.
- 4 times per day and keep it under your tongue until it melts completely.
2. Trikatu Churna
This is a powder mix made from several pepper and ginger variations and it has been an indispensable Ayurvedic remedy for centuries.
Trikatu is known to favor a healthy digestion, it detoxifies and corrects slow metabolism and it helps with hypothyroidism, being of great use for those who want to lose weight.
How to use Trikatu Churna for weight loss:
- Have 1 tsp. of Trikatu powder mixed with honey every day.
- Drink it with a cup of warm water, first thing in the morning and continue doing this for 15 days.
- You can also have 1 tsp. of this power with water right before bedtime.
Trikatu is a great natural remedy for weight loss because it give your slow metabolism the kick it needs to burn calories faster.
Natural Weight Loss Remedies from the Middle East
3. Safflower (Carthamus tinctorius), an Oriental Remedy for Weight Loss
From ancient times, the safflower leaves, flowers and seeds are used as condiments and natural food coloring in the Arab countries. Sometimes they are even used as a saffron replacement, known as the most expensive condiment in the world.
The safflower oil is used worldwide in the food and cosmetics industries.
Studies have showed that safflower is useful in weight loss, because it dissolves the fat deposits and aids in strengthening and building muscle mass.
How to use Safflower in weight loss:
- You can use it as capsules or natural oil in long term cures.
4. Hibiscus, the Elixir for Weight Loss
Rather sour and revitalizing, Hibiscus (Hibiscus rosa sinensis) tea acts as a body and mind refreshment. You can prepare it in different ways, served cold or hot, mixed with other teas or fresh fruit juice.
Hibiscus helps reduce the fat and carb absorption in the body, hence, it is a great helper for those who want to lose weight or maintain their current weight.
It also has diuretic properties, helping in the elimination of excess water from the body.
How to use Hibiscus in weight loss:
- Pour 1 cup of hot water over 4-5 Hibiscus flowers and let it infuse for 10 minutes, then strain it.
- You’ll see the water will first turn violet, then red.
- 4-5 cups of this tea will help boost your metabolism, eliminate excess water and improve digestion.
Weight Loss Remedies from China
5. Green Tea (Camellia sinensis), the Chinese Secret for Weight Loss
Green tea is a not just a herb, but a food-medicine with tradition in the Chinese medicine, for over 4000 years now. It is part of the daily Chinese diet, and perhaps one of the secrets to why the Chinese people have little to no excess weight problems.
A study conducted in Japan, another tea drinking country, has confirmed that people who drink green tea on a regular basis have lost weight without changing anything in their diet.
The effect of green tea in weight loss is due to some bioactive substances it contains that have a powerful effect over the breakdown of fats.
Even more, several studies have revealed that an important percentage of fat lost by drinking green tea is preponderantly abdominal fat.
Green tea is also a natural appetite suppressant, hence, it helps in weight by making you eat less calories.
How to use Green Tea for weight loss
- Boil water and leave it aside for 3-4 minutes. Pour 1 cup of the hot water over 1 tsp. of green tea leaves.
- Let the tea infuse for 3 minutes, then strain it.
- Drink green tea freshly brewed only after or in between meals.
Hopefully these 5 weight loss remedies from the Far East will help you lose a few and reach your ideal weight goal.