There are a few nasal congestion home remedies that can actually help you relieve the airways without taking medication.
Here are 4 simple home remedies for nasal congestion that you might want to look into.
In This Article You Will Find:
4 Home Remedies for Nasal Congestion
1. Horseradish, the Home Remedy for Nasal Congestion
For this simple home remedy for stuffy nose you will need horseradish root, rubbing alcohol or apple cider vinegar, and piece of cheesecloth.
This is also a very old remedy for chronic sinusitis.
- Grate the horseradish then splash it with the rubbing alcohol or vinegar and spread it on the piece of cloth.
- In the evening, apply the cataplasm on the forehead and on the cheek/s where the sinus infection is located.
- When the skin gets really hot, it’s time to take the cataplasm off to allow the skin to cool down, and then apply it again.
Continue doing this until the horseradish has lost its strength and the skin no longer heats up. Then you know the cataplasm has works its effect on the nasal congestion and the procedure is over.
Repeat the treatment the following days uninterruptedly, until you have fully recovered.
2. Urine Remedy for Nasal Congestion
This primitive looking folk remedy for nasal congestion is actually quite effective, especially if the clogged nose is due to a sinus infection.
It’s is likely that there’s no other better natural remedy that will clear up and unclog the upper respiratory airways, namely the nose and sinuses.
The medical explanation is that urine is one of the most complex substances that our bodies secrete.
Besides the sodium content (that explains the effect a lot), urine contains a powerful medicine blend naturally secreted by the antibodies, which has antibiotic and antiviral effects and also natural cortisone.
Cortisone is known for reducing allergy sensitivities and thus clearing the airways. Urine wash is also amazing for otitis.
- For this you need to use your fresh urine.
- What you have to do is take some urine in the palm of your hand and inhale it alternatively on each nostril, as you would do with a saline solution.
- Don’t allow the urine to actually enter your airways, but only nostrils to unclog them.
You will see the result immediately, or if not, in maximum 15 minutes after the treatment. If you don’t have the heart to perform this treatment, replace the fresh urine with a saline solution.
3. Remedy with Cottage Cheese for Nasal Congestion
For the third remedy for nasal congestion you need to:
- Mix fresh cottage cheese with 1 tbsp. of freshly grated horseradish.
- Spread the mixture on a piece of cheesecloth to make a cataplasm.
- Apply the cataplasm on the forehead or on the nape of the neck for 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat if the congestion hasn’t disappeared after the first application.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar Nasal Congestion Remedy
Warm up a cup of organic apple cider vinegar and inhale the steam that comes out.
In addition, you can take 1 tsp. of apple cider vinegar diluted in ½ cup of water every day.
Another remedy for nasal congestion that uses apple cider vinegar is this one.
- Soak a compress in hot water, splash it with apple cider vinegar and apply it on your chest area.
- Then cover the compress with a plastic wrap to keep it in place.
Apple cider vinegar has the amazing property to release the airways, starting with the lungs and bronchi and continuing with the throat, nose and sinuses.
Horseradish, cottage cheese, apple cider vinegar and fresh urine are the most popular home remedies for nasal congestion. We hope that you will find them helpful! Stay healthy, naturally!